Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

PS3 on Sky - I am at the end of my tether - can't sign into PSN

This is a discussion on PS3 on Sky - I am at the end of my tether - can't sign into PSN within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I had a problem a few months back and it got sorted with the sticky on the top of the ...

Nitro is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NEWAS
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Everyday Lite
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

PS3 on Sky - I am at the end of my tether - can't sign into PSN

I had a problem a few months back and it got sorted with the sticky on the top of the page.

Now I'm having similar problems again.

I am absolutely sick of this, and I need someone to explain to me in plain English how I sort it, please!

The other night I was happily playing COD4 then suddenly I get intermittent signing out on PSN. Next day, doesn't work at all.

Did a test, I'm getting an IP, I'm getting an Internet Connection, but PSN is timing out. Great.

So I went hunting and found all of a sudden now I should be forwarding ports on my router. All very well, but I'm not sure how to do this. I'm using the black Sky Router on a WIRED connection.

Can someone give me a step by step and tell me what numbers I need to put where both on the router and the PS3... I've tried all sorts and I'm absolutely fed up.

By the way, my brother is now playing on PSN after getting signed out 10 minutes ago. When will the madness end?

Any help appreciated. I'm going to save these settings as a config file for next time.

Frustrated user.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: PS3 on Sky - I am at the end of my tether - can't sign into PSN

Have a look here for information on forwarding Ports. Do you have UPnP enabled?
      PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Yes UPnP is enabled.

I can't be dealing with portforward.com - not wanting to sound rude... I just want someone to tell me what settings I'm putting where. I've already tried portfoward.com and nothing is working. Obviously either my PS3 is on the blink or I'm doing something wrong. I hope it's the latter.

By the way. my brother just got signed out again mid game. People were still chatting and running around for about 5 seconds before it said "You must be signed into PSN to play online games".

GRRRRRRR

Thanks

So I went hunting and found all of a sudden now I should be forwarding ports on my router. All very well, but I'm not sure how to do this.
      If you go to the link I suggested, click the DG934G and on the next page click the link at the top right (Don't click the button in the centre of the screen) this will take you to the Game page, Select CoD4 and it will take you by the hand through exactly what you have to do. If you can't follow these, I doubt if anyone can tell you what to do.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

JRush is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Aberdeen North
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sony can tell you what ports to forward as well. I wouldnt get your hopes up that itll fix the problem though. I'm in the same boat as you (see my prev posts )

Last resort was me getting sky to send a new router to me ....i hope that works

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

-------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Thanks

I see what everyone is saying but sometimes I can't get signed into PSN network at all, before I even launch Call Of Duty 4.

So what ports do I need to forward? I think I've managed to do some as the Portforward.com checker has told me. See below screenshot.

Could it be now I need to configure the actual PS3 properly?

Thanks

Just a quick check - You have given the PS a fixed IP of 192.168.0.4 Make sure this is different for any other PC or consoles you have. It is CoD4 Modern Warfare you are trying to connect to.

The PS seems to require 6 ports to be open 80,443,5223,3478,3479 and 3658. You appear to have 8 configured?

Have you made sure you and your brother have different IP addresses? I am assuming you have different consoles.

If you are unable to sign into the site, it may be having problems. I take it you have checked your password?

TomD

Useful Utilites

Thanks

Apologies, I'll clarify.

My brother was in my house playing my PS3 and I was simply stating he was getting on and off intermittently, which is the entire point of the fault. I'll also note here I didn't make ANY change to either router or PS3 when this fault first started happening

I know this is NOTHING to do with COD4. The game doesn't even need to be in the machine. I can NOT get onto the PSN network - yes I have checked my password.

The PS3 has an Internet Connection check. It says succeeded in gaining IP, Internet Connection, and then connecting to PSN it says failed.

When it does work, it says succeeded but takes a LONG time to go through.

As for the 8 ports, see another screenshot with details of what these are. If I'm doing something wrong please tell me what it is.

Thanks

May seem a bit silly, but have you tried logging into your account with your PC? If you can log in OK it might suggest something is wrong with the PS. If you still can't log in, then there is another reason.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast