Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Ping Problems in darkfall

This is a discussion on Ping Problems in darkfall within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Been having major ping problems in the evenings whilst playing DF for the last week. I thought it was due ...

Bonno is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stotfold
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Ping Problems in darkfall

Been having major ping problems in the evenings whilst playing DF for the last week. I thought it was due to throttling so i posted in the general forum but the last few nights my download speed has been fine yet i'm still getting an unplayable ping.
      It will sometimes just start rising up into the 100k's before kicking me.

It seems to only be a problem with online games theres no effect to my browsing or anything else. Its only betwwen 3 - 12pm every night. any other time i have a stable ping of 47. Seeing as my download speed is fine the only thing i can come up with is packet loss, but i've not idea how i could confirm this and do anything about it.

Any help would be great thanks.

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Ping Problems in darkfall

unfortunately this is pretty much when Sky traffic shape - although it's meant to be 5-midnight every night...it'll be worse if you exceed roughly 1.4GB a day during peak hours...

there's no fix for it and if you're out of contract it's prob best to look elsewhere - although Connect is fine for browsing/odd bit of streaming anything that requires low pings/consistent speed is heavily affected at present...

to confirm this go to speedtester.bt.com, enter your phone number when asked and then your username (which is the LAN MAC address in the router pages/bottom of the router - with no punctuation - followed by @skydsl and post the results...e.g. 00184D4F2E12@skydsl
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket