Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

PS3 DNS error-- How to solve it!

This is a discussion on PS3 DNS error-- How to solve it! within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Originally Posted by Isitme If this happens when you are directly wired to the Sky router, have you considered your ...

x2srj is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Belstead
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: PS3 DNS error-- How to solve it!

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      If this happens when you are directly wired to the Sky router, have you considered your PS may be faulty? Have you tested it on another network?
      it recently was connected to the same router which was being served by Virgin Media broadband... no problems at all...

2. Advertisement
      Lunny is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Right iam having the same problem.my ps3 downlaods where soo slow so i connected the ps3 in a port it was so quicker then i reset router then i didnt work so just when back to normall connection ever since then i have had this error arrgghh!I then entered them codes which worked fine but still haveing problems.Sometimes i sign in and it will take 5-8 times to sign in also if i check friends trophies give me the error code.Also when i add a friend or send a message to a friend it says connection times out this starting to do my nut in lol.

Anybody know what may help?

Also what does ping mean like whats it do?

Thanks sorry for the questions

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

it recently was connected to the same router which was being served by Virgin Media broadband... no problems at all...
      Is this a dedicated cable router? If it is do not use the WAN port to connect it, use one of the ethernet ports. Apologies if you are already doing this, but the WAN port can cause problems.

If you can get hold of another router to replace the Sky one, try it. This would establish whether the fault is with the Sky router or not.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

x2srj is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Belstead
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

ah, I have got the sky router coming out of port 1 in to the WAN port on the cable router... does that cause an issue then because I've had none except for the PS3...

strange thing is though that I can now get the PS3 on-line but it knocks my router connection down from 13/14MB down to 9.5MB... then works every time..

Thanks

Try plugging into an ethernet port, it may work better, if it doesn't you can always change it back.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

sv1000s is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0208845
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by edward1920 View Post
      I am using wireless - my only option.
      try using home plugs. they allow u to connect via ethernet using ur mains sockets . i have duo ones & have solved poor connectivity probs on my ps3

evz
      evz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: wrexham north
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Im also having the same issues,
      3 months ago suddenly im losing connection, the dns errors,
      so i used the 168.67.222.222 etc stuff and have been using it fine since then still with the odd hiccups, slow conection frequent sign outs...
      But since yesterday nothing has been working for me
      I do manage to get online on the ps3, the browser works, but i get booted from the psn after 10 seconds, both on the sky dns & the open dns.

I moved from my previous isp because i couldnt get on a few of my games with them but with sky it was possible, much longer with this rubbish from sky and ill be moving isps again. I thought having to use someone elses dns was cheeky, but this is Abismal.

When, if ever, will there be an actual factual fix, not just a bodge job fix for the time being.

Thanks

To be honest I don't think it is just Sky to blame for this, if you have a look at the PS3 forums you will see the problem is worldwide. There is even a dedicated site for PS problems -
      PS3 Problems

TomD

Useful Utilites

evz
      evz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: wrexham north
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

My friend has a fix for this issue, and may know the source of the problem.
      So everything that was tried was failing with the Black netgear router,
      so he extracted the password and user name and put it into a speedtouch 585 v6 and guess what, he hasnt had a single disconnection issue in hours!!!
      also hes reporting a speed increase originaly maxing out @ 3.5mbp/s on speedtest.net through the ps3, to a jump upto 6.7mbp/s just from changing the router (and hes wireless)
      This might be increased because the ps3 seems to prefer the wireless channels from best to worst ;
      N
      b
      g&b
      g

and the black netgear router only has the worst 2 for the ps3.

P.S the speedtouch hasn't been port forwarded and upnp is off

Sorry Sky but them routers seem to be the problem as for the first time in months, he's connection issue free
      I would do mine but dont wana invalidate the contract

Thanks

Could be the PS3 is incompatible with the router, or vice versa, but I do not think the PS3 is Draft N so that has nothing to do with it. To get any advantage from N you need an N adapter. Some adapters work better when they do not have the choice of g or b, so it may be worth changing the mode of the router to g only. This should be available in the wireless settings of the router, it is in mine.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast