Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

PS3 DNS error-- How to solve it!

This is a discussion on PS3 DNS error-- How to solve it! within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I have to agree a Homeplug system is far superior to wireless. However I think 200Mbs is probably overkill. ...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: PS3 DNS error-- How to solve it!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      I have to agree a Homeplug system is far superior to wireless. However I think 200Mbs is probably overkill. Even HD video will run perfectly over an 85Mbs system like this -
      Buy Belkin Powerline 85Mbps Networking Adapter Twin Pack. at Argos.co.uk
      They are available cheaper elsewhere but Argos do have the advantage of the 30 day return, if it does not work to your satisfaction, just return it.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      zrerz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wallasey
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Q router
      Sky TV: Sky Q silver
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      I have to agree a Homeplug system is far superior to wireless. However I think 200Mbs is probably overkill. Even HD video will run perfectly over an 85Mbs system like this -
      Buy Belkin Powerline 85Mbps Networking Adapter Twin Pack. at Argos.co.uk
      They are available cheaper elsewhere but Argos do have the advantage of the 30 day return, if it does not work to your satisfaction, just return it.
      Not used the belkin, so can't comment, but on the Netgear I recommended, I've got my PC and other stuff using extra connections upstairs, hence the 200mbs connectors, thinking it would share the load more evenly with extra reserve if needed.

Hope the OP gets things sorted out soon, as I'm thinking of getting a PS3 myself, so am interested if he gets everything working 100% OK, keep us posted
      Dave

x2srj is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Belstead
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Hi,

I've got big issue with Sky BB and PS3...

I've read about the DNS issue of course so when I turn my PS3 on it doesn't connect to the Playstation network; when I configure Network Settings upon test connection it kicks my router off the broadband connection and reduces my DownStream Connection Speed from 14598 to 9505.. a lot of fiddling I can some times get my PS3 online but my connection speed remains dropped...

if I reboot my router I have a 50/50 chance of the speed jumping back up again....

any ideas?

one thing about my set up is the PS3 is wired to a router that obtains an IP of the Sky Router....

Thanks

one thing about my set up is the PS3 is wired to a router that obtains an IP of the Sky Router....
      Have you tried plugging directly into the Sky router to rule the extra router out of the equation?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Have you tried plugging directly into the Sky router to rule the extra router out of the equation?
      Nope; it's 30 feet away from the Sky Router... could connect it via wireless but I'd rather keep a wired connection if possible

Thanks

I don't think you will get anywhere until you find out which router is causing the problem. How is the router connected to the Sky one? If it is by ethernet it should not be too difficult to unplug the ethernet lead to it and plug it directly to your PS. If the two routers are connecting by wireless, that could be the root of the problem.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Thanks

unfortunately my set up isn't' that easy...

The Sky router is connected to my cable router via ethernet cable over 50feet of cable; the cable router is configured with a static IP address that is correctly configured with subnet mask/dns etc... Wireless is turned on for both but have different ID's and work independently of one another. The cable router has a wired PC connected to it, a wireless laptop and (usually) the wired PS3..

I could wire the PS3 directly to the Sky Router but I'd rather not do this as I use the cable router wireless/wired connect daily (without issues too) but if you want me to do this for testing purposes then I can do... but if that is the case shall I just connect it via wireless?

thanks for your assistance...
      Last edited by x2srj; 16-06-09 at 02:07 PM.

Thanks

via wireless to Sky Router my PS3 just won't connect; fails when exchanging information...

Wired and with a laptop connected via wireless to the Sky router the router reboots it's self when the PS3 tries to connect....

Thanks

anyone?

Thanks

Wired and with a laptop connected via wireless to the Sky router the router reboots it's self when the PS3 tries to connect....
      If this happens when you are directly wired to the Sky router, have you considered your PS may be faulty? Have you tested it on another network?

TomD

Useful Utilites

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast