Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Max Delay reduction via Kana form

This is a discussion on Max Delay reduction via Kana form within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi, well i've tried a few times to get past the first line of defence of the Sky customer service ...

DGAF is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Max Delay reduction via Kana form

Hi, well i've tried a few times to get past the first line of defence of the Sky customer service thingy in order to have my Max Delays reduced but to no avail. I've found the Kana form page but i was wondering which would be the best way to 'define my query' in order to give me a better chance of getting them reduced.
      And what wording would i use.

Thanks for the help

DGAF

2. Advertisement
      Leee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Max Delay reduction via Kana form

Hi DGAF,

I made a ticket via the kana form with just 'slow connection etc..' filled in, then replied to the email it automatically sends you, asking you to check it's plugged in bla bla. I put the following:

"Hi,

I raised this ticket to be able to ask for my Max Delay to be reduced to 8, in an attempt to reduce the latency I experience while playing online games. Since getting Sky BB the pings have never been as good as I previously had with Virgin Media, but over the last couple of months it has gotten increasingly bad, to the point where it is becoming unplayable - especially at peak times.

I have read in numerous places that I can ask for the Max Delay to be reduced, and this will alleviate the issue. If you have poor pings on Sky Broadband (f.ex)

Thanks in advance,
      Lee"

It took 5 days to get a response, but they did reply back with:

"Thank you for contacting Sky Help Centre.
      I have now reduced your Max Delays to 8. This should result in better gameplay for you. If you are still having difficulties or require further assistance then please do not hesitate to either reply to this email or call us on 08442 411 411

I trust this helps. If you need further help or advice, please visit our Sky Help Centre on sky.com.

Kind regards
      Jody
      Sky Help Centre
      http://www.sky.com"

DGAF is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: Max Delay reduction via Kana form

Thats brilliant thanks for that.