Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

WoW and Sky

This is a discussion on WoW and Sky within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Aye, I'm having the same trouble exactly. Every time I phone Sky they give me the whole "have you tried ...

Eldrick is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: harston
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: WoW and Sky

Aye, I'm having the same trouble exactly. Every time I phone Sky they give me the whole "have you tried plugging into the test socket .. yada yada yada" I leave them to run their line test and don't get phoned back when they're supposed to. When I call back to check the issue they've always closed the call because there is apparently "no problem with the line other than BT throttling it at the exchange".

It's really frustrating as I only swapped across to Sky a month ago but now I'm stuck with a line I can't play WoW on for another ten and a half months...

my pathping from last night was giving a 97% pack loss when it hit 5acf0006.bb.sky.com [90.207.238.6]

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scott1980 View Post
      5 months down the line and they're putting me on or giving me 'fast path'.

Spoke to someone in the escalations team who was very helpful and understood straight away what the issue was and explained the only thing they could do that may rectify the issue.

Customer relations (tier1) started off with "everything is working as it should sir, we think your only option is to consider swithing providers" I love that line.

Cheers for all the help, reading the threads on here made resolving this issue (hopefully) much easier.
      (i know this is an old post, but still)

Fastpath won't actually help much during the peak hours as the issue is with capacity, not pings being high...you'll find it better off peak but I doubt there'll be much difference peak time...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

simonk1991 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

yeah im thinking about it to its bloody awful the signal here

davedarave01uk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin + Vivaciti
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Does the Fast path have 'Interleaving turned off'?

Ive just got my new ISP and I requested it be turned off and my online gaming is 10 times better now.

googleme is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davedarave01uk View Post
      Does the Fast path have 'Interleaving turned off'?

Ive just got my new ISP and I requested it be turned off and my online gaming is 10 times better now.
      Yes IL is switched off for Fastpath

Tashady1977 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Thame
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Oh my god this is just great, been reading this post, im on sky connect too, have been since Dec 08. Im having problems with online gaming, problems ive never had with BT. Keep getting disconnected from the server. I keep phoning sky and they dont know why, all the keep tellingme is fast path this and fast path that. and yet they still havnt got me on fast path. And they tell me, SKY BROADBAND IS NOT FOR GAMING. Great, fantastic. So i guess I have to switch providers again....or wait, can I seeing as i still have 7 months contract left with them. I feel let down big time by sky, pestered me to change to them promising me the same service or better than i was on with BT option 3. And so far its been worse...much worse in fact. I dont know what to do know. Hope that doesnt mean i have to be stuck with this problem for 7 months.

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

Scott1980
      connect Customers who put Bt speed performance tests in posts for reference. So CST have information regarding each individual connect Customer just in case there is other issues with their connections
      Tashady1977
      kevsaints Just an update to my previous post page 101... Sky have agreed to cancel our contract ( broadband/tv) with no financial penalties. In addition we can keep the sky + box etc.We were 6 months in to our contract but after seeking legal advice and holding them to there own terms and condition's we can finally jump ship lol....
      a little persistence can pay off so good luck to those who want to get rid of connect.
      Undecided Adrian
      As Adrian says More information on connect.
      Hope you are able to get things sorted for yourselves. Good luck

Mems is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Are you on Vista? Are you wireless? If yes to both, the sudden jump, for me, was because Vista occasionaly scans the area for new networks for you to join, causing a sudden packet loss whilst it does so.

If you download WLAN optimizer, found here

WLAN Optimizer .NET

And make sure this is ALWAYS running, you may notice that your issue is resolved.

AngryAnt is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SLKKB
      Thanks

(might be an old post, but thought might aswell reply).

Also on connect, and been having the problems of being disconnected from server with on wow during peak times.
      Having just spoken to a man at the sky solutions (who did a line check), basically if you go over 1.4 gigs a day, they then throttle you for all the day. At least thats the impression he gave when i told them i was experiencing this outside of the hours.

& since the routers are constantly on, and if you leave msn and firefox open aswell as wow... Can sure see just how easy it is to pass that limit (which isn't a massive one).

Hope you've been able to sort your problems, since raiding and sky don't seem to go together.

Think it might be time to start looking at changing isp's myself. Anyone able to reccommend one that doesn't throttle insanely?

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

o2 LLU or get a gaming package from somebody like Zen etc
      I'm a PC, and Windows 7 Backup saved my sanity when BitDefender imploded !!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12