Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Connecting Xbox 360 to Internet Via PC Help?

This is a discussion on Connecting Xbox 360 to Internet Via PC Help? within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi Wondering if anyone could help me set up my xbox 360. Currently i have connected the xbox to the ...

Gibble is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Connecting Xbox 360 to Internet Via PC Help?

Hi

Wondering if anyone could help me set up my xbox 360. Currently i have connected the xbox to the PC by ethernet and bridge the connection with the wireless one currently on the PC.

This seems to work the first time but will only work for a certain amount of time and will never work again when i turn off the xbox or PC and start them up again i have to disable everything and set up the bridge again.

I'm running windows vista ultimate, belkin usb adapter

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      richhodg is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Connecting Xbox 360 to Internet Via PC Help?

I take it you have a router, i would recommend bypassing the pc and connecting straight to the router.

Gibble is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

the reason why i'm connecting through the PC is that i'm not near the router and don't have the wireless adapter for xbox 360

Steven_Belfast is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Hello there ,

Try this ,

1. Open Network Connections by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Network and Internet, clicking Network and Sharing Center, and then clicking Manage network connections.

2. Right-click the connection that you want to share, and then click Properties. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

3. Click the Sharing tab, and then select the Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection check box.
      NoteThe Sharing tab will not be available if you have only one network connection.

4. If desired, you can also select the Allow other network users to control or disable the shared Internet connection check box.

5. Optionally, to allow other network users to use services running on your network, click Settings and select the services you want to allow