Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

TVersity, Sky Router and the Playstation 3 - Port forwarding Help?

This is a discussion on TVersity, Sky Router and the Playstation 3 - Port forwarding Help? within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi guys, I'm new here. Ok, well I've found this program called TVersity and it allows you to stream videos/pictures ...

mr_myers666 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0113
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Question TVersity, Sky Router and the Playstation 3 - Port forwarding Help?

Hi guys,
      I'm new here. Ok, well I've found this program called TVersity and it allows you to stream videos/pictures and music from your PC to your TV via the playstation 3.

Problem is, that it works, and then will give me an error message after about 10mins, with my playstation 3 seeming to "timeout" (losing all connections to everything) The problem must be either with my playsation 3 (less likely) or my router (settings?). but i'm puzzled.

I've found a website that shows you how to do it (Turn PS3 into a Media Server with TVersity | Code Retard) and the only thing I can see is the port forwarding, you think this could be my problem?

I'm a little confused with forwarding settings in the sky router (inbound outbound) and don't want to allow anyone to access it by accident - can anyone help?

Tell me if I need to give you some more info.

Cheers People!

2. Advertisement
      liam22 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: winsford
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Re: TVersity, Sky Router and the Playstation 3 - Port forwarding Help?

alright mr myers, welcome to the forum.

i have the same issue, but it seems my anti virus/firewall on the pc is blocking it. i cant find a way round it, i have to disable it while i watch a film on ps3 through tversity.

what anti virus you got?

mr_myers666 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0113
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

Well, I've had a look around the internet after trying everything, opening ports etc. and most people seem to have this problem on a wireless system! Read this (Sick of DLNA protocol errors with media streaming servers - PLAYSTATION®3 Media - PlayStation.com Forums)

I usually get Dnla error protocol 2104 after it has timed out

I have just wired my ps3 up to the router and it works fine, so all the ports and settings should be fine.

I think its maybe an PS3 wireless issue, I have a 40gb model.

Tezcatlipoca is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Cambridge (EACAM)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Port forwarding isn't necessary for using TVersity normally - it's a UPnP Media Server just as Windows Media Player 11 is.

I think the port forwarding is only needed if you want to control TVersity via the web interface.

I think the PS3 has a rather short time out period, which could be a factor. Sometimes mine can take a while to see the files being shared (especially for a folder with a lot of content), so times out with a DLNA error before it gets to list the files. If I go out of the share & back in, it's fine.

@ liam -

What firewall do you use?