Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Problems Gaming on World of Warcraft

This is a discussion on Problems Gaming on World of Warcraft within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi there, I posted in another thread about this and was asked to make a new thread on the problem ...

Mizuri is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Problems Gaming on World of Warcraft

Hi there,

I posted in another thread about this and was asked to make a new thread on the problem posting my router stats, finally found out how to acquire them since ive never had to look for them before.

I only have the problems at peak times, between the hours of 6pm and 11pm. When i try to take part in raids, boss fights and aoe fights especially, the game slowly starts to lag until i start getting freezes and then disconnected from the server. This happens time and time again and makes the game unplayable between these times, as soon as 11 onwards comes around the game is then playable again.

Now i have my router stats and will post them now;

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 5632 kbps 448 kbps
      Line Attenuation 42 db 22 db
      Noise Margin 5 db 24 db

Now these are not from peak times so i need to check if theres any difference, i've no idea if theres anything wrong with the above to be honest.

I also have a tracert to the server im on and from what i can see as it hits their server the ping slowly rises as it hops around. Here are the results for that;

1 3 ms 2 ms 2 ms NETGEAR Support Home Page [192.168.0.1]

2 51 ms 57 ms 54 ms dr10.ennby.ov.easynet.net [89.200.128.204]

3 61 ms 61 ms 60 ms 5acf0022.bb.sky.com [90.207.238.34]

4 64 ms 68 ms 65 ms easynet-ic-121677-ldn.b4.c.telia.net [80.239.193.110]

5 81 ms 70 ms 63 ms ldn-b4-link.telia.net [80.239.193.109]

6 70 ms 67 ms 66 ms ldn-bb1-link.telia.net [80.91.249.77]

7 79 ms 78 ms 78 ms prs-bb1-link.telia.net [80.91.254.209]

8 86 ms 88 ms 88 ms ffm-bb1-link.telia.net [80.91.252.230]

9 88 ms 79 ms 79 ms ffm-b4-link.telia.net [80.91.249.237]

10 * * * Request timed out.

11 * * * Request timed out.

12 * * * Request timed out.

13 * * * Request timed out.

14 * * * Request timed out.

15 * * * Request timed out.

16 * * * Request timed out.

17 * * * Request timed out.

18 * * * Request timed out.

19 * * * Request timed out.

20 * * * Request timed out.

From that result i would tend to blame their server but im the only one in the raids who disconnects, surely if it was a big server problem other people would aswell?

On a side note when i ping various servers it ranges from 55-60, that seems rather high to me when i look through everyone elses. Could this be a setting of some sort? Anyway im desperate to get this problem sorted but just dont know where the problem exists, any help would be appreciated

Andy

2. Advertisement
      rickinyorkshire is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wath
      Thanks

Re: Problems Gaming on World of Warcraft

HI mate,

I don't play WoW (well not anymore) but i do play CSS. I have the same issues as you, i join a server and i get incredible packet loss, my ping goes up to around 120 and i have to leave as it's like a slide show. On a side not, when i do speed tests these come back showing pings of around 55, but this doesn't show the degradation of the dsl.

Are you on the connect package like me?

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Mizuri - you're not on Mid, you're on Connect, which is subject to traffic shaping during peak hours (5-midnight). However, recently all Connect customers have been experiencing worsening connections...

read about it HERE...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

pike168 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Im having the same problem, When i try to login i get it to "connecting" and nothing happens, I also tried tracert tool and it just gets request timeout errors.

I actually made a thread about the problem yesterday.
      World of Warcraft (en) Forums -> Cant login (Usually).........................

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rickinyorkshire View Post
      HI mate,

I don't play WoW (well not anymore) but i do play CSS. I have the same issues as you, i join a server and i get incredible packet loss, my ping goes up to around 120 and i have to leave as it's like a slide show. On a side not, when i do speed tests these come back showing pings of around 55, but this doesn't show the degradation of the dsl.

Are you on the connect package like me?
      Nope mate, im deffo on Sky Mid. The problem went away for half a week, that wouldn't happen with Sky Connect from what i've read at peak times. Now its back with avengence tonight. I've run a speedtest and my line seems to be seriously throttled;

http://www.speedtest.net/result/392961095.png

Just cant believe what a joke this service is from Sky, i would cancel tomorrow if i was the owner of the house but im not and they dont want to change. If it was upgraded to Sky Max im guessing they never get throttled at all? No idea how busy my exchange is either, guessing that can be a factor too.

googleme is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

448 on the upload shows your on connect.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Hmm, I live at home and didnt set it up but my dad was adamant it was Sky Mid, maybe hes wrong then. What should the upload be for Sky Mid?

Exchange:
      Thanks

Ok, it is connect, unbelievable, made him get all the info out and the idiot has signed up to that. Used to be on Nildram and never had a single problem with them and connection was always spot on, he changes over to sky based on it being cheap and its endless problems.

Sorry for insulting anyones knowledge by saying i am deffo on mid, haha, should learn not to put faith in someones word who knows nothing about any new technology.

DTfan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Portadown
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuri View Post
      Ok, it is connect, unbelievable, made him get all the info out and the idiot has signed up to that. Used to be on Nildram and never had a single problem with them and connection was always spot on, he changes over to sky based on it being cheap and its endless problems.

Sorry for insulting anyones knowledge by saying i am deffo on mid, haha, should learn not to put faith in someones word who knows nothing about any new technology.

First off stop disrespecting your Father by calling him an "idiot", second if you are paying for the connection you have a right to complain if not money does not grow on trees go get a paying job and supply your own internet connection.

Now as for your problem you are probably on connect because your exchange is not SKY LLU, there is nothing you can do about this unless Sky have plans to upgrade your exchange. Your only real way around this is to raid at other times, I know this can be hard when your guild has set times. Time to find another guild?, if you are not a tank or healer a dc as DPS is not really a problem a raid can lose one or two with the easy content that blizzard has thrown at us.