Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

PS3 Online

This is a discussion on PS3 Online within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hello everyone, I have been a member for a while but don't think i have ever posted! I am on ...

jt999 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bexhill (01424)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

PS3 Online

Hello everyone, I have been a member for a while but don't think i have ever posted!

I am on Sky's Connect service and having issues when gaming online with my PS3 during peak hours.
      Basically I find everyone else jumps around on my screen and for example on Battlefield I can start walking and suddenly shoot back to the beginning!

When I use my PS3 I turn off all computers so I know this is not the issue. The PS3 is connected directly to the Sagem Sky router using a cat6 cable.
      I have tried all I can think of such as plugging the router directly into the BT test socket to ensure it wasn't a problem with wiring and also rebooting the router but no luck!

I just spoke to Sky who just told me the PS3 is not supported and to ring Sony, not entirely happy with that answer but I don't feel well enough to argue my case to a call centre!

Here are my router stats if that helps?
      ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 8128 kbps 448 kbps
      Line Attenuation 7.0 db 4.0 db
      Noise Margin 13.6 db 29.0 db

If anyone can help me that would be great! If any more details are needed please let me know

2. Advertisement
      Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Re: PS3 Online

Your on connect see this thread:

Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down?

and no you are not alone this is a classic case of traffic shaping making gaming horrible.
      I'm a PC, and Windows 7 Backup saved my sanity when BitDefender imploded !!!

jt999 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bexhill (01424)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Undecided Adrian View Post
      Your on connect see this thread:

Sky Connect Broadband - Are you being slowed down?

and no you are not alone this is a classic case of traffic shaping making gaming horrible.
      Cheers for the info, its comforting to know I am not alone! Am I right in saying there is nothing that can be done to sort this out? I have read the thread and can see lots of people are having the same issue, surely Sky should be able to let thier users use online gaming in the evening, I never had this issue with Orange broadband (which was also cheaper may I add!)

The only reason I chose Sky is because noone told me I wasn't in a Sky BB area (was sold it by a salesman in a shopping centre). I had signed up for the Sky Max package due to no download limit but ended up on a more expensive lesser package with nothing I could do about it!

Sorry to rant, I'm sure I am not alone

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

That's why I avoid all salespeople in shopping centers or who come my door they don't care about anything but the sale and if they mis sell they know very little can be done about it.

Either hope that Sky ot some other ISP comes and LLU your exchange or move to another ISP that uses the rebadged BT product but don't throttle so badly.
      I'm a PC, and Windows 7 Backup saved my sanity when BitDefender imploded !!!