Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

At wits end trying to stream mp3's to PS3

This is a discussion on At wits end trying to stream mp3's to PS3 within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Please can someone help me before I put my PS3 thru my window All I want to do is effortlessly ...

super-saint is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

At wits end trying to stream mp3's to PS3

Please can someone help me before I put my PS3 thru my window
      All I want to do is effortlessly stream my MP3's stored on my PC hard drive thru my PS3

Up to 3 weeks ago I was hard wired from my PC to a Netgear DG834G (in upstairs bedroom) & streaming to my PS3 downstairs wirelessly. I was streaming using Tversity (have also tried WMP) but each MP3 was taking a minimum of 30 seconds to buffer between tracks. A fair chuck of my albums are mixed so having a large gap in extremely annoying

So having not found an answer to the large gap between tracks, I concluded it was due to range of router to PS3.... so I invested in a new 320gb internal HD for PS3 Having transferred all my MP3's over & then realising that the PS3 is totally incapable to organing tracks in any folder structure I looked for another alternative. (what a waste of 50 that was!)

Lastly I decided to get a pair of home plugs...this has got to resolve issue i thought I thought wrong

So I am now connected via ethernet from PC to router, ethernet from router to homeplug & then (downstairs) ethernet from other home plug to PS3......

BUT THE GAP BETWEEN TRACKS IN STILL THE BL**DY SAME. I have amended settings in PS3 to WIRED but no joy

Before I put my size 10's up the PS3 can anyone help on why I should still be seeing a 30 second between tracks.

Thanks in advance

Saint

2. Advertisement
      Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Re: At wits end trying to stream mp3's to PS3

That sounds like an odd problem, now you have a bigger drive can you just copy all your MP3's onto the bigger drive and have them on the PS3 so that you don't need to stream them?

Or get a big 8-16 gig memory key and use that to play off of, I have given up with MP3 on the Xbox 360 as I have problems with how the Xbox "sees" over 40 gig of MP3's many of them talking books and now just use a 16 gig key I got from play.com
      I'm a PC, and Windows 7 Backup saved my sanity when BitDefender imploded !!!

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Undecided Adrian View Post
      That sounds like an odd problem, now you have a bigger drive can you just copy all your MP3's onto the bigger drive and have them on the PS3 so that you don't need to stream them?
      As the PS3 can not organise MP3's into folders (like windows) I have trouble finding music i want. As i have 200gb of music unless i know each album name, finding something is near impossible.

I must have some issue with settings on router/ps3 or PC that is delaying info being sent but what it is god only knows
      Last edited by super-saint; 06-01-09 at 01:40 PM.

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

I can stream all my mucis and videos to my X-box 360 via homeplugs with no problems, so I don't think it's the homeplugs causing this.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Ok, after hours of messing around with settings etc I can safely say my PC is not the issue.

To confirm, I am using home plugs to stream media from my PC to PS3 but am getting DLNA errors & long delays at start & between MP3 tracks (not during).

I have hooked up my Xbox360 & streamed with absolutey no issues ... no buffering no errors.

I have gone into router, enabled DMZ & inserted IP (IP created in PS3 - 192.168.0.100)

I want to stream via PS3 BUT this buffer isuue is driving me banana's.

What the hell can be causing it ? PS3 firmware, PS3 settings, router settings ?

somebody help please: