Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Broadband, World of Warcraft, support.

This is a discussion on Sky Broadband, World of Warcraft, support. within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hey there, I have contacted Sky to lower my maximum delays to 8 before which they did, since then my ...

DFranco is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Smile Sky Broadband, World of Warcraft, support.

Hey there,

I have contacted Sky to lower my maximum delays to 8 before which they did, since then my ping in WoW dropped from an average 150-200 to 50~ which I was very pleased with. However, since about 3-4 weeks ago, it went back up to 250-300~ and I don't understand why, I didn't change anything on my computer or changed the router so just wondering if there's a problem with my connection or if my maximum delays were reset again ?

Is there a way to find this out ?

My broadband connection is the 16mb package I believe and I'm using the Sky Router hardwired to my PC.

Thanks for the support

Daniel Franco

2. Advertisement
      Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Sky Broadband, World of Warcraft, support.

Quote Originally Posted by DFranco View Post
      Hey there. . . just wondering if there's a problem with my connection or if my maximum delays were reset again ?

Is there a way to find this out ?
      If you were able to view the detailed stats for your router then you'd be able to tell but I don't think that's possible with the Sagem (or at least, I don't think anyone has identified how to yet).

All you can do is call Sky and ask them I'm afraid, but getting past T1 might be a problem. You may find it easier to just call and ask for your delay to be reduced and not mention that it had already been done before.

PS. a tip to get a quicker response to a post - make the title relevant. You titled this about WOW support when really it was about max delays. Lots of members who don't play or know anything about WOW probably wouldn't bother looking at it.

simonmpoulton is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chester Central
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Have you tried rebooting the router?

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

3-4 weeks ago saw the launch of the new expansion, and pulled back in a lot of old players, could be due to heavy network traffic and with Xmas and New Year coming up expect it to be really heavy.

If it is still bad after the 4th January then I'd chase down Sky as I doubt much will happen before then anyways now.
      I'm a PC, and Windows 7 Backup saved my sanity when BitDefender imploded !!!