Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky router settings for ps3 (losing the will to live)

This is a discussion on Sky router settings for ps3 (losing the will to live) within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi, (Router - Netgear DG834GT) having lots of probs trying to get online with my ps3, it finds my wireless ...

Jamie31 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Miles away
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Sky router settings for ps3 (losing the will to live)

Hi,

(Router - Netgear DG834GT)

having lots of probs trying to get online with my ps3, it finds my wireless network no probs, put in the wep key no probs, then I get numerous faults as I go such as...

Cant obtain IP addy........ yet sometimes it does

DNS error.....

etc etc

I have just tried it again and it all succeeded, it then said I need a system update, after 3hrs it had done 21% then said connection to the server cannot be established. I have rang sky and to be honest it was a waste of time, all she kept saying was I cant give you the settings bla bla

Im starting to lose the will to live, I just need somebody to say right heres all the settings you need happy gaming..

Thanks in adavance

P.S It seems I can't do anything until Iv got the system update.

2. Advertisement
      FelixTCat is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Tilehurst
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Sky router settings for ps3 (losing the will to live)

If you want to do the update, you'd be better off connecting the PS3 to the router by ethernet; at least move it closer to give the wireless a chance.

topbuzz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01253
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

ive just got a ps3 and got it connected to the router via wireless no probs ,then it instantly did an update without a problem .. so not sure what you trouble will be

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

What is your speed like? Most updates can be downloaded in a few minutes, certainly not several hours. Plug your console in by ethernet and see if it is any better. I am thinking that your wireless speed is so low, that is causing the problem.

Also post your stats from the normal position for your router then plugged into the Test socket if you have one. Until you get the maximum speed possible by ethernet, it is a waste of time trying to get your wireless working properly as there is nothing to compare it with.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

MMKRC3071 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I also have a problem with my PS3 and my router. Can connect to internet no problem, and surf the web all ok, so i know my wireless is ok, but when ever i do an internet connection check,because i can not play games on line, it says NAT failure.But if i connect to router via cable Nat comes up ok and can play on line. Any ideas please? In sons bedroom and to have it working all via wireless would be a bonus.