Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Problem with streaming media through netgear router

This is a discussion on Problem with streaming media through netgear router within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Recently my PC has had trouble streaming media, (particularly videos) to my PS3. While watching videos, the time of how ...

TriggzE16 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Problem with streaming media through netgear router

Recently my PC has had trouble streaming media, (particularly videos) to my PS3. While watching videos, the time of how long it streams varies from about 5 minutes to half an hour (if im lucky), and first gives me error code [80710092] then [80028801]. Before this I've gone around looking for solutions and none have worked. I've seemed to work out what is actually wrong since once I get the error on my PS3, once I go to my PC I don't have access to the internet but i'm still on the network (if that makes sense). The router seems to be resetting at certain points somehow, and the closest problem I found to mine is a little like this...

Vibrant Reality | Simplifying your life ! PS3 and linksys wrt54g , the solution

But I don't have a linksys router, I have a Netgear DG834G/T (Not sure which 1 of the two, they look the same), so the solution doesn't work out for me. Any solutions, i'm trying not to go crawling to Sony

2. Advertisement
      TriggzE16 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Problem with streaming media through netgear router

BTW My Internet works perfectly and I can play online as long as I like, until I try streaming media to my PS3, that's when the router seems to reset and I lose internet connection both on my PS3 and my PC too.

Solutions...