Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Help can't play ps3 and 360 at the same time

This is a discussion on Help can't play ps3 and 360 at the same time within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hello, Ever since I bought my 360 2 months ago I haven't been able to play both my ps3 and ...

Kurby is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Help can't play ps3 and 360 at the same time

Hello,

Ever since I bought my 360 2 months ago I haven't been able to play both my ps3 and 360 online at the same time. This is because they seem to use the same IP. If I change it they both won't go online. My computer uses 192.168.0.2, my ps3 and 360 uses 192.168.0.3 and my sisters computer uses .04. So I thought well why don't I use 192.168.0.5 for the 360 but that doesn't work. 192.168.0.3 is the only ip address that will let me play either consoles online and obviously I can't use the same IP address for both of them at once which is why I can't get them both online at the same time.

Does anyone know who I can get around this so I can have them both online at the same time?

Thanks in advance

Kurby

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Help can't play ps3 and 360 at the same time

You should be able to assign fixed addresses to your consoles and use the Address Reservation part of the LAN Setup to reserve these addresses.

If you are unable to connect with another address it could be a firewall or Port issue.

By the way, how many hands do you have, that you want to use 2 consoles at the same time

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      You should be able to assign fixed addresses to your consoles and use the Address Reservation part of the LAN Setup to reserve these addresses.

If you are unable to connect with another address it could be a firewall or Port issue.

By the way, how many hands do you have, that you want to use 2 consoles at the same time
      Could you tell me a little more about that? Thats somthing that I haven't done.

lol well I have 2 hands :P but my sister wants to play on the 360 when im on the ps3 and vice versa plus downloading on one and playing on the other is easier too :P

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

What router do you have? its not in your profile.

If you wish to add the router to your profile, click here

Then hopefully we can talk you through it.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      What router do you have? its not in your profile.

If you wish to add the router to your profile, click here

Then hopefully we can talk you through it.
      Done Netgear V1 DG834GT

x LAGER LOUT x is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Aldershot:THAD
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Give the Xbox a static IP address by doing this;

The easy way to get a static address

The easiest way to assign a static IP Address to your Xbox is to actually just leave it on automatic.

So set the Xbox to auto in the System Blade/Network Settings.

Once your router has assigned the xbox an IP Address view the IP Address on the System Blade/Network settings.

Write down the IP Address, Subnet Mask and Default Gateway. Then simply go into the IP Address settings, change the settings to manual and enter all of the information you wrote down.

Using this method means there's a possibility you could get a duplicate IP Address later on as the router might hand out that same address again. If it does, just add 30 to the last digit of the IP address. e.g. if its 192.168.1.10 make it 192.168.1.40

Taken from here.

EDIT: Just make the IP address 192.168.0.200 to start with and you should be fine
      Last edited by x LAGER LOUT x; 08-10-08 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Added to.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

When the Xbox is connected to the router, go into the router settings, Attached Devices, note the address, MAC and Device name you have given the router. Now go to the LAN IP setup, in the Address Reservation section, click add and put in the details you have taken from the Attached devices section. Remember to save the setting. The address will not then be allocated to any other device. Do the same with the PS.

If either is unable to connect to the internet, check the firewall and port settings.

To enter your router settings, click HERE put in admin for the user and sky for the password.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.