Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

another max delay ping question!

This is a discussion on another max delay ping question! within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Just Rang them Back for second time and they wouldnt transfer me to CST due to there being no problem ...

BestMasterchief is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: pontypool SWPP
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: another max delay ping question!

Just Rang them Back for second time and they wouldnt transfer me to CST due to there being no problem with the connection and they also wouldnt give me a support ticket, the member of staff this time actually logged the call and connected it to the account and talk me to ring again when there not as busy and then the member of staff who picks up my call next time will know to transfer me straight away, anyone had experiance like this?

2. Advertisement
      googleme is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

They should have transfered you straight though, or queue, rather than having to call again as a ticket was raised, did they give to a ticket, ref, job number ?

Maybe worth calling 1st thing, so they can transfer you through, or after 23:00.

I can understand it is frustrating calling through for your delays to be changed as people have not been informed on this. There are the few out there who do know about this and pop you through to get fixed.

Fingers crossed all should be sorted soon for you.

DDonnachie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WSARD
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Thought I would add my experience to the list...
      I got connected on the 27/10 and having previously read in these forums about Max Delay I knew how to get my increased ping sorted.
      Phoned Sky customer service at about 23:45 (wasn't intentional, just happened to be the time I was able to call), got through to a very good CST operator. Yold him about my ping issues and how I knew it could be sorted, his response was....yep I know what ur on about, I really should be raising a ticket for this, but give me 2 minutes and I'll see if one of the techs I know can resolve it just now.
      Call ended about midnight with my ping reduced to only about 10 above what it used to be pre-sky. So now I have no-one but myself to blame for dying lots online
      Not sure if its relevant but the call centre I got through to was in Dunfermline.

It seems like the luck of the draw as to whether u get a decent operator or a script monkey.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12