Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Quick Question about CS:S server

This is a discussion on Quick Question about CS:S server within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Ok ive got everything set up ports, ip and everything else in steams server list my server is not coming ...

glennlavender is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Norton (UK)
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Quick Question about CS:S server

Ok ive got everything set up ports, ip and everything else in steams server list my server is not coming up in the lan which i belive is good, ive used my server via an internal computer to see if it connects and that showed up in the internet tab but my question is im on the server computer but it not showing in my internet tab but it is in my history as i connect to it before by just typing the ip manually and when reading the status of my server it is my external ip so it viewable from the outside i just want to know if anyone would mind seeing if they can connect to my server if i give them the ip and relay me some feedback.

If it works ?
      Can you see it in the internet tab?
      Is it because im on the server pc i can not see on internet tab?
      Etc

Also 764 kpb upload should do the trick for 10 player server right ?

Thanks in advance
      Glenn

2. Advertisement
      calitoxs is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Genfield, Leicester (EMGLNFI)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: 6 mixes + sport
      Thanks

Re: Quick Question about CS:S server

To be honest mate ive hosted a css server and it laggs my friends. I would reccomend Source Dedicated Server (srcds) as they have good guides on there about css servers.

Again you would need to port forward 27015 and a few other ports on your netgear. A good idea would be to DMZ allthough this can be a security risk.

just make sure the css server goes somthing like...

Network: IP 192.168.0.2, mode MP, dedicated YES, ports 27015 SV / 27005 CL

your internet IP not external so if it says 90.208.xxx.xxx or somthing then its wrong allthough i highly doubt this.