Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

will xbox 360 live slow my internet down

This is a discussion on will xbox 360 live slow my internet down within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; hi,my wifes son is wanting to get xbox 360 live so he play games with his mates,he already shares my ...

andythrill is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

will xbox 360 live slow my internet down

hi,my wifes son is wanting to get xbox 360 live so he play games with his mates,he already shares my wireless broadband connection(i am getting about 6mb connection speed).but i dont think he uses it that often as he is always playing his console games,i am worried that ih he gets 360 live he wil affect my internet connection,i like to watch videos online through youtube ect,this is a major source of entertainment for me and when im not working i very often log on and use my laptop,the only way ild be happy for him to use my connection for 360 live is if it uses little bandwith or if i can limit the bandwith he is using,any help would be much appreciated

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: will xbox 360 live slow my internet down

Quote Originally Posted by andythrill View Post
      hi,my wifes son is wanting to get xbox 360 live so he play games with his mates,he already shares my wireless broadband connection(i am getting about 6mb connection speed).but i dont think he uses it that often as he is always playing his console games,i am worried that ih he gets 360 live he wil affect my internet connection,i like to watch videos online through youtube ect,this is a major source of entertainment for me and when im not working i very often log on and use my laptop,the only way ild be happy for him to use my connection for 360 live is if it uses little bandwith or if i can limit the bandwith he is using,any help would be much appreciated
      When playing games he will use very little bandwidth so you should have no problems, only if/when he downloads updates/patches or video content will he start to use bandwidth in any real amount and even then only during the download process.

You will actually find that you will be more of a problem to him as his game information is time sensetive and if you are streaming videoes you may get in their way.

X-box without the Live is like B/W TV, give him a break
      Last edited by Smithy99; 10-08-08 at 09:03 AM.

andythrill is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: will xbox 360 live slow my internet down

ok cheers mate for your reply