Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

xbox 360 remote connection via ethernet isp trouble.

This is a discussion on xbox 360 remote connection via ethernet isp trouble. within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; This is my setup. In room 1, I have my pc connected to my sagem router via Ethernet, which is ...

jcool144 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01942
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thumbs down xbox 360 remote connection via ethernet isp trouble.

This is my setup.
      In room 1, I have my pc connected to my sagem router via Ethernet, which is connected to my telephone socket, which has sky mid broad band service, My pc is running vista and the Internet works fine.
      In room 2 I have another pc running windows xp which is connected via a wireless netgear USB adapter and also works fine.
      In room 2 I have my xbox 360. I connected up the xbox 360 to my laptop also in room 2 via ethernet, the laptop is also connected via a a wireless connection to the internet/sagem router.
      I have managed to get the laptop to connect to xbox live using this set up, I had to manually configure the network settings, on the Xbox 360 the isp address is 192.168.0.2 and on the laptop the isp is 192.168.0.1 the default gateway and dns settings are also 192.168.0.1 and the subnet is 255.255.255.0, then I had to bridge the wireless and the LAN connections, all works fine.
      In room 2 I want to connect the Xbox 360 to the other pc, (as laptop is used for business) so I disconnected the ethernet cable from the laptop and connected it to the pc.
      I then set up the wireless and LAN network settings on the pc the same as the laptop.
      When I test the Xbox live connection it fails on ISP settings???
      I have tried using different values in the isp ie. 192.168.0.6 on the pc and 192.168.0.7 on the xbox360 also 192.168.0.97 on the pc and 192.168.0.98 on the xbox360, but it fails every time???
      Why does the laptop work and yet the PC won`t work, is there another setting somewhere related to isp settings???

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: xbox 360 remote connection via ethernet isp trouble.

Never manually set a PC to use 192.168.0.1 as its IP address. If you have indeed used that IP as a manual IP address for one of your PCs you are stuffing your network up.