Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Slow wireless on the Wii?

This is a discussion on Slow wireless on the Wii? within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi, My broadband went live yesterday with no trouble and connection is excellent on my pc and 360, however with ...

pairyhenis is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Slow wireless on the Wii?

Hi,

My broadband went live yesterday with no trouble and connection is excellent on my pc and 360, however with my Wii the wireless signal is at max strenth but when i do speed tests with the Wii browser i'm only getting around a 2mb connection,I've tried changing channels in the router settings but it makes no difference.(The router and the Wii are right next to each other).

I can live with it as pings are excellent and games are not affected but just wondered is it a known problem? or is it just that the Wii browser is capped in some way?
      Last edited by pairyhenis; 26-03-08 at 12:33 PM.

2. Advertisement
      penrhyn is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Long Eaton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD 1TB Box
      Thanks

Re: Slow wireless on the Wii?

Just done a speed test on my setup, wired connection is 7056 kbps, and the wireless to the Wii is around 2600 kbps.
      The router is upstairs at the back of the house and the Wii is under the TV at the front.
      Whether this helps or not I don't know.

PS Its nice that you can watch You tube via the Wii on the TV its a shame they don't update the Opera browser so you can run the BBC i-player.