Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Help a Newbie out please?

This is a discussion on Help a Newbie out please? within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hello, I recently switched over to Sky Max after using Cable for many years, i wanted the Sky HD box ...

JpopGT is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Help a Newbie out please?

Hello,

I recently switched over to Sky Max after using Cable for many years, i wanted the Sky HD box and got that deal for 99 with free installation.

I signed up for Broadband Max about 12 days ago and my line has now stablised.

I connect at about 8-9mb each time i switch on and am fairly happy with the download speeds although webpages seem to take a while to load at times.

My big problem is online gaming on my 360 and PS3......every game is unplayable with the lag i have just renewed my Xbox live account and cant get to use it.

I read about contacting Teir 3 and asking them to lower my ping delay rate.

I have sent 3 e-mails and got told only in the first one a week ago that someone would contact me....i'm still waiting.

I have phoned them up twice and got someone who was no help to me at all, i got a ticket number and was told someone would contact me shortly, that was a week ago also and i am still waiting.

I never got any lag with the 20mb connection i had with cable but people i know with the same connection i am getting with Sky or lower seem to be playing fine online.

How do i find out what my ping rate is on the 360 or PS3?

Thanks for any help or replies.

2. Advertisement
      jonny1310 is offline Banned for stealing our content
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: virgin
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Help a Newbie out please?

Well you really have to have a better line quality to get your max delay changed to 8 but you could probably get away with 16 and it is now called the customer solutions team not tier 3 lol