Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Xbox Live disconnecting issues - Please, please help

This is a discussion on Xbox Live disconnecting issues - Please, please help within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I'm a regular pro evolution soccer player on xbox live - never had any issues previosuly with the latest title ...

paulcollins10 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Xbox Live disconnecting issues - Please, please help

I'm a regular pro evolution soccer player on xbox live - never had any issues previosuly with the latest title or the older versions of the game but recently (over the last 2 months) i can go on PES live and play all night with no problems and other times like last night it just disconnects me halfway through games.
      At the time it happens i still have my internet connection running fine and am able to surf freely etc. I spoke to Sky and because i am still able to use the internet they are saying its nothing to do with them.
      I'm always able to log straight back in to xbox live and then sometimes it'll be fine but other times it will just keep dropping me.

I'm plugged in direct to my router with an ethernet cable and nat setting is on open

Any help guys, its happening at least once a day now!!

Thanks in advance

2. Advertisement
      richone54 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: watford
      Broadband ISP: Virgin
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Xbox Live disconnecting issues - Please, please help

have you checked out any Xbox forums ?

nobby is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Batley
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I would say that your are experienceing the ongoing problems that stem from Xbox live having too many customers.

Over Xmas more than 2 million more consoles went onto Xbox live and have completely sent the system into a spin, Microsoft seems to have done nothing apart from waiting it out and hoping that useage levels drop back down.

Unfortunately since the last update my console will not let me play a single player game unless I sign into Xbox live and the blades all have advertising on which comes from the Live servers so Microsoft have started to increase their bandwidth use of the consoles and got all the Xmas sales yet haven't increased the bandwidth or server space.

Even though Microsoft claimed it is "fixed" during peak times there are complaints of frequent disconnects etc still occuring, although any complaint on the Offical forums are deleted as a matter of course and have been for the last 2 months.

Glent is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sagem V2
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

mate its nothing to do with sky. I play alot of halo3 and 9 times out 10 I only get disconnected on an evening which I'd imagine is peak time beacasue of the Americans logging on. This only started for me back on boxing day and I was with BT broadband then, since switchin to sky it happens less but the problem still remains. It is an Xbox Live issue and we are all meant to be compensated with free gamer points soon. It's usually only once a day though but still . Damn MS :P