Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Not on SKY yet.. would like to ask some questions...

This is a discussion on Not on SKY yet.. would like to ask some questions... within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi, I am not a Sky broadband user yet. I would like to know how does the PS3 perform when ...

CalumCJL is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Smile Not on SKY yet.. would like to ask some questions...

Hi, I am not a Sky broadband user yet. I would like to know how does the PS3 perform when playing online games?

I am currently on tiscali and like many other tiscali users, I am not happy with the service. I am constantly getting disconnected at random times. I believe this is due to them throttling their service during busy periods (when I am most likely to play).

So basicly, just wanted to know, with Sky's Max package (plus unlimited phone) I will be fine to connect via wireless using my existing router? I am currently using Netgear DG834PN, I have found it very reliable and gives me a decent signal strength all around my house.

Thanks, also do Sky block P2P software? I watch P2P football and has been unwatchable since tiscali stopped P2P. Anything else I need to know please tell me... I don't want to end up on another tiscali type service..

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Not on SKY yet.. would like to ask some questions...

there's no throttling on Sky LLU so if you do get Max that won't be an issue - just make sure wiring your end is up to scratch before you switch. Also, wouldn't recommend wireless for gaming - will be alot better wired...

and Sky don't block anything, so no worries there...

only thing is that Sky T&C's say you must use the router they supply - although people here hack them and use their own (well not hack, seeing as someone is risking the wrath of Sky by posting a page that works it out for you...)
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

CalumCJL is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotTheEnemy View Post
      only thing is that Sky T&C's say you must use the router they supply - although people here hack them and use their own (well not hack, seeing as someone is risking the wrath of Sky by posting a page that works it out for you...)
      How would I go about using my existing router? I find it very reliable.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

look at the router password section of the forum. just be aware you forfeit all tech support and if found out face suspentions/termination of service...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket