Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

CS:S pings are high, and can someone send me their .cfg?

This is a discussion on CS:S pings are high, and can someone send me their .cfg? within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Im getting really high pings on european and UK servers on Counter Strike Source, latency of around 80 and actual ...

seaninfrared is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gorseinon, South Wales
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

CS:S pings are high, and can someone send me their .cfg?

Im getting really high pings on european and UK servers on Counter Strike Source, latency of around 80 and actual pings of 110! Someone please help! Someone who is on MAX package, and experienced CS:S player could send me their .cfg file with their settings, or could tell me the commands to type into the console to lower pings and to help the game run better in general. Any tips on lowering pings?

Thanks, Sean!

Ok pings. (24/05/08)

2. Advertisement
      Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: CS:S pings are high, and can someone send me their .cfg?

when you are experiencing this lag and latency run a traceroute to that server and post the results up here, it should show which jump(s) are causing the problems.

Also you can ask Sky to drop your max delays to improve your pings, but this will make your line more unstable and we have had one person report that doing that made their line terrible.

I play MMO's and I tend to find that when lag and latency gets bad it is always been outside the easynet network with an intermediate hop causing the problems.

seaninfrared is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gorseinon, South Wales
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Undecided Adrian View Post
      when you are experiencing this lag and latency run a traceroute to that server and post the results up here, it should show which jump(s) are causing the problems.

Also you can ask Sky to drop your max delays to improve your pings, but this will make your line more unstable and we have had one person report that doing that made their line terrible.

I play MMO's and I tend to find that when lag and latency gets bad it is always been outside the easynet network with an intermediate hop causing the problems.
      How do you run a traceroute to a server? And I am probably the person you are talking about getting their MAX DELAY lowered and had the connection capped! Sucks! Mmm, looks like Sky is not the best for gaming, I wanted to get Be internet, but I am told I live too far from my exchange to receive it. And I am not sure if it has been enabled on my exchange, though it does just say I live too far... Wish I had a closer exchange!

Ok pings. (24/05/08)

sparkey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01834
      Broadband ISP: BT ADSL2+
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Hi Shadow Ninja

I'm on connect 17 one, I don't play CS but black hawk down when i ping their server I'm getting 125 but when playing on the site I get from 203-400 I think some people log on server with lower speed like dialup and all and lag well that what i think but maybe wrong