Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Xbox 360 - Loss of connection, High lag etc

This is a discussion on Xbox 360 - Loss of connection, High lag etc within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; well i thought i'd bring this up here.... since sunday i've been having some major issues with my sky broadband ...

Kaoscontrol is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Exclamation Xbox 360 - Loss of connection, High lag etc

well i thought i'd bring this up here....

since sunday i've been having some major issues with my sky broadband relating to mainly games (but also the internet).

sunday evening around midnight my router decided to disconnect completley...on the status i had a "LCP down" status, then after about 5 minutes i got simply "disconnected"....of which it refused the LCP refused to come up untill 9am the next morning. so unless there were sky connection problems that i'm unaware of? i havent a clue.

ever since that evening, i've experienced extremly laggy games on my xbox. anything from huge lag spikes of players ghosting all over the place, to not being able to find games full stop. some points it loses the connection completley kicking me out at key moments

another thing i've also noticed is about every 4 or 5 games online i have to reboot the router, which seems to clear the lag, yet since sunday it shifted it atall

also alot lately i've been getting the message "NAT isn't open" from halo 3....how on earth do i make it open .

i think thats about it.....has anyone got any suggestions to the solving of this?

cheers
      James

2. Advertisement
      wish is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01592
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Xbox 360 - Loss of connection, High lag etc

i had the same problem with nat on halo 3 that was when i had upnp turned off after i turned it back on ive had no probs youll be able to do this in your router stats. as for the rest of your problems i cant help. i somtimes have bother with lag on some games to the point of them being unplayable think thats just life with on line gameing.

regards

wish

x LAGER LOUT x is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Aldershot:THAD
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Xbox 360 - Loss of connection, High lag etc

Lag during games on xbox live is usualy caused by the hosting player hving an inadequate connection.