Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

UPnP on PS3 N/A ????

This is a discussion on UPnP on PS3 N/A ???? within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi, I have Sky Connect broadband package (a joke at 17 pm) with Netgear DG834GT connecting to my PS3 via ...

ashthekid is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: BT Hub
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

UPnP on PS3 N/A ????

Hi,

I have Sky Connect broadband package (a joke at 17 pm) with Netgear DG834GT connecting to my PS3 via Wireless.

Connecting no problem but for some reason when I do the "connection test" on the PS3 it fails on the UPnP stage and says Not Available. This is after I have enabled UPnP, reserved an IP for my PS3, opened all in/outbound ports on Firewall settings for this IP and given it the Default DMZ Server.

To be honest it works fine at my parents house where they have BT broadband but still using the same model Netgear Wireless Router DG834G and with these exact same settings.

I have tried everything I can think of. I have taken off the reserved IP address, opened up all ports of IP's 2-6 in case it uses two like my old ps2 used to. Reseting the Router to factory settings didn't even help.

Does Sky not allow this or am I doing something wrong with my actual PS3 settings?

Any ideas?

2. Advertisement
      x LAGER LOUT x is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Aldershot:THAD
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: UPnP on PS3 N/A ????

Don't worry about it, just leave all the settings on auto and UPnP enabled in the router and it will work fine with a NAT type 2.

englishwhistler is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I've left UPnp turned off on my router and I'm on Nat 3 - what does this mean?

I turned on UPnP and my network just kept crashing and I know people on here say dont turn it on - am I missing anything by staying off UPnP and nat 3 status?

Thanks
      Paul

x LAGER LOUT x is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Aldershot:THAD
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

With NAT 3 you may have trouble connecting to others online, you could always use a static ip for the ps3 and pop it in the routers DMZ. This will give you a NAT type 2 which will allow you to connect to everybody.