Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

XBox Live MTU Failure?!?

This is a discussion on XBox Live MTU Failure?!? within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Update 30/09/08 We believe the issues with MTU on 29th / 30th September are due to Xbox Live, performing maintenance. ...

Renegade7792 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Exclamation XBox Live MTU Failure?!?

Update 30/09/08

We believe the issues with MTU on 29th / 30th September are due to Xbox Live, performing maintenance. See this thread for more details. problems connecting xbox, MTU??

Ok i have been having this problem since i got my XBox it refuses to connect, or it just takes me about 10 or more trys after failing. I proceed onto the Network testing everything passes up to the MTU which fails pritty much everytime, i dont understand what can be causing this i have changed the MTU setting to the XBox minimum but the same error occurs i then reset it back to maximum 1500 reset the router and it still dont work! I have been on the phone to Sky for about 4 hours finally got them to change my settings and reduce my rates and it finally worked. For about 3-4 weeks i was playing Halo 3 online with no problems what so ever suddenly everythings goes back to normal, i have been back on the phone to sky and they insist that they havent changed anything. One member even put me on hold for 20 mins only to pick it back up and hang up on me! after 20min! to be honest im getting seriously ****** because now even my PC's Internet is seriously lagging throughout the day and even cuts off for 10 mins or so.

Please help me anyway you can. Thx in advance
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 30-09-08 at 03:21 AM.

2. Advertisement
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: XBox Live MTU Failure?!?

So no body has no suggestions for more problem? Someone must be able to think of something that maybe wrong, although i have checked my setup mutiple times.

Please someone help me!!

x LAGER LOUT x is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Aldershot:THAD
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Try looking here.

Hope you get it sorted.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I have tried lowering the MTU limit but it doesnt seem to make any difference and my main concern is why has no one else had this problem, i know its nothing to do with XBox live because all my friends are playing and i can't connect