Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Halo 3 Theatre

This is a discussion on Halo 3 Theatre within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi, I just looking some advice from somebody. i play halo3 online with a few of my mates. on has ...

Jaxo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: carrickfergus
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV:

Angry Halo 3 Theatre

Hi, I just looking some advice from somebody. i play halo3 online with a few of my mates. on has bt broadband, one aol, ME - sky bbmax, and one is on talk talk. I was on bt for 3 years and switched to sky because they can give me 13meg compaired to bt 2.5 (paying 30 for 8). i am impressed with it as it is very fast and i do actually achieve a constant speed of 13 out of my 16meg. On halo3 there is an option to go into the "theatre" and watch your best bits while streaming them to your friends in the same lobby at the same time. the catch is the person with the best connection has to be the host. when i was with bt it was either me or my mate (both on bt total bb) that had to host it. since switching to sky my download speed had more than quadrupled and my upload speed doubled but on the xbox i never have the best connection somehow. its still my bt mate or the one on talktalk. this really annoys me as my mate on talktalk is running a 2meg connection and he is the type if person that likes to slag of people that pay for 16meg and it to be worse that his free 2meg talktalk rubbish. im on a rj45 wired connection, downspeed: 15232kbps, upspeed : 764kbps and live 1/2 a mile from the exchange and am getting very close to these speeds everytime i check at is it a misconfiguration of my router / xbox or is talktalk just better than sky? also im using a netgear router and hes is using a philips thing he got on ebay for 4. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!

P.S in my own mind i know I have the better connection....Just need to prove it.

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD

Re: Halo 3 Theatre

It's easy to prove, pick a file to download that is quite large (few hundred Mbs), both start at the same time and see who finishes first. Pick a file big enough and you will have time to download it, burn it to disc and take it around to his house before he gets half way. That should prove it to him.

Chances are that the xbox is going by the fastest ping which Sky seems to be a little worse than some other ISPs and not on speed.

Try downloading from the Microsoft website, they have good hosting and plenty of large files to choose from.