Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Cant connect PS3

This is a discussion on Cant connect PS3 within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi guys, not only am i a newbie, I am very untechyfied!! I simply cant get my PS3 online with ...

Smiffy999 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Angry Cant connect PS3

Hi guys,

not only am i a newbie, I am very untechyfied!!

I simply cant get my PS3 online with the Netgear DG834GT router.
      I had to call Sky to get them to help connect this PC as it was having issues. Got that sorted evenually.

Now when i try to get my PS3 online, I get as far as it looking for the internet connection and saying there is a DNS error.
      Ive tried bridging connections, calling Sky, Netgear and Sony, who all obviously blame each other....

any ideas??

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      D White is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01505
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Cant connect PS3

Hi there everyone hope you can help me .I have had both sky broadband and also my ps3 since launch date and both have been going great untill now. Since i updated to 2.1 on my ps3 it will only stay on the ps network for around 5 mins then it says a error and chucks me out of my game i am in ...I have the netgear wireless router(the standard one that comes with system) but connect with a wired connection .My pc and laptop work fine and both dont shut down at same point (not had both on at same time as ps3 so not 2 overload) .....

Now tonight i am going 2 reset my ps3 back 2 default settings and also reset my router 2 see if this helps but appart from that i really dont know how 2 get around this problem.Tried phoneing sky ......answer = We dont support the playstation network must be a fualt with it.....Phoned playstation they say network is fine and have had no complaints since resent update .....

This is really starting 2 annoy me but dont know what 2 do ....it is as if the system is running very slow ...actually some times it says system is takeing a long time 2 connect check settings ....run a check threw ps3 and everything is ok ..

Please help as i really dont know where else 2 go....As per inputting info and stuff plz can you make it simple 2 understand as i will try anything but not really good at updateing and inputing info but will try my best

PLEASE HELP

maxping is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Cant connect PS3

Quote Originally Posted by D White View Post

This is really starting 2 annoy me

PLEASE HELP
      This is really starting 2 annoy me is your use of the number 2 instead of the word