Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Xbox 360 With ICS

This is a discussion on Xbox 360 With ICS within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hello SkyUser Members I am having some trouble with my xbox 360. I have two xbox 360s, One next to ...

Rev-Host is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01324
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Xbox 360 With ICS

Hello SkyUser Members

I am having some trouble with my xbox 360. I have two xbox 360s, One next to the router and one in my bedroom. I noticed it is possible to connect my xbox 360 to Live simply by connecting it to my Pc Network port. I have done this & enabled Internet Connection Sharing & have forwarded all the ports.

Basically when i do the test to see if it is working i get to DNS & it fails. I have tryed entering it manually & still no luck. Also i noticed as soon as i connect my 360 to the PC the pc will not browse the net. Once i unplug it, it becomes fine.

Anyone know whats up & how i can fix?

2. Advertisement
      x LAGER LOUT x is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Aldershot:THAD
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Xbox 360 With ICS

Have a look here for full instructions to get ICS up and running.

Rev-Host is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01324
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

tryed still no luck

Ginno is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I have exactly the same problem, im upstairs about 7 foot directly above the router and am running the xbox through ethernet from my laptop which is wirelessly connected to the router, (which disconnects every 10 mins ) we switched over to sky about 3 days ago and so far its been nothing but crap, my old dlink sent a perfect signal ip to my room and would stream the internet through ICS straight from laptop to xbox. no trouble. but now i cant connect with it failing on DNS test, and like the first post said when the ethernet is plugged in, i cannot browse. this really shouldnt happen as ive been ICS'ing' with my laptop and xbox for about 2 months, this switch hasnt half been a pain and i cant imagine it being sorted out. =[ iv also tried setting my dlink router up but no success =[ im so stressed.

dragonfly789 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Houghton Le Spring
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks

Smile Re: Xbox 360 With ICS

Ok
      this should fix your problem.....hopefully.

Firstly, i had the exact same problem so i went out and bought a wireless adapter for my xbox 360... this eliminated any problems and i was owning peeps on halo 3 five minutes later

if you dont want to do this then this step should work.

you say your running an ethernet cable from your wirelessly connected laptop am i right?

then what i did (after i bought the network adapter) was give all of my devices connected to the sky router static IP Adresses.....this was a complete accident and i found out id went and wasted 70 quid on a wireless adapter which i didnt need!

first you must give your wireless NIC in your laptop a static IP

on windows XP go to start then control pannel. from there click on network connections.
      right click on your wirless adapter and click on properties. then scroll down in the box to internet protocol. (IP)...double click it!

then select use the following IP Address
      since the sky routers ip address is 192.168.0.1 make your wireless NIC's ip 192.168.0.2

this way they will both be on the same network and the router can not automatically assign an IP for it because you have already given it one. (No More IP Conflicts or anything like that)!

it should ask you for a few more settings, i will explain them the best i can!

IP Address - (The Computers House Number Effectivly) you should have already changed this to 192.168.0.XXX (X = the number you want to give it)

Subnet Mask - Not Sure About This One...Just Click In the box and it'l sort its self out (should be 255.255.255.0)

Default Gatway - the default gateway is the way out or your network into the internet. (effectivly your house door allowing you to step outside)

since this is your gateway onto the internet it should be your routers IP adress since your router IS THE GATE allowing traffic in and out! (192.168.0.1)

then click on use the following DNS server (below)

Prefered DNS Server - This should also be set to 192.168.0.1 as it is the same as your router!

LEAVE ALTERNATIVE DNS OUT....you don't need to fill it in!

once done, click ok and then close the network connections.

do this for all network adapters you want attached to your Sky Brodband Router. this will make all the bad things go away lol.

i trust you have already enabled internet connection sharing for this to work properly with your 360!

it may help to give you xbox 360 a static IP aswell to further eliminate any problems which may occur in the future.