Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

DNS Failure connecting to XboxLive!

This is a discussion on DNS Failure connecting to XboxLive! within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I got the 2Mb Sky BB over a year ago, and have played online with no issues. Then on Tuesday ...

Polski Patz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

DNS Failure connecting to XboxLive!

I got the 2Mb Sky BB over a year ago, and have played online with no issues. Then on Tuesday evening (13 Nov), I coul dnot connect to any COD4 game rooms (as it turned out the COD servers were down, so not my issue), and I was able to play PES06 online.

However, yesterday (Weds 14 Nov) when I tried to lof onto XboxLive (just to see friends/messages, not a game), it failed to connect. When I run the Test Live command, it fails on DNS.

I am using the standard Netgear Modem that Sky sends you when you join. It is hard wired to my Xbox, and nothing else is plug into it.

I have not touched any settings on either the Netgear or the Xbox, it was working fine, now is not.

My Laptop connectes via WiFi, but I have not been able to check if I can get online with the Laptop, as it is away this week.

My PSP can not connect to the web either, it has previously connected without issues, and it states DNS Error as the reason it cant now.

Can anyone shed some light on this one please?

2. Advertisement
      Shadowman is offline SkyUser Clan Leader
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: DNS Failure connecting to XboxLive!

hi sent a reply to the pm u sent hope it helps

if not get back to me again
      ime more often on the game clan site than on this one though i see both