Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Anyone had any luck with this yet ?

This is a discussion on Anyone had any luck with this yet ? within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; While current Sky Broadband settings suit the majority of online gamers, for those of you with a penchant for 1-2-1 ...

bulldog is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WNCSN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Anyone had any luck with this yet ?

While current Sky Broadband settings suit the majority of online gamers, for those of you with a penchant for 1-2-1 gaming, we’ve read your requests for a broadband solution that frees you from pinging. Interleaving is used to provide line stability and is the better option for the vast majority of our customers. However we want to maximise satisfaction amongst all our customers which is why we now have measures in place, should you wish to change your settings to a fast leaving line.

I rung last night and got the indian call centre or were ever it is,he told me to ring netgear, as they could help me with my setting for this,god knows what it has to o with netgear.
      so i thought im not even going to try with them, i set my clock for 4 in the morning.
      So i rung them @4ish, i was told the computers were updating and ring back in two hours, so i did then the same problem but the guy was honest said he had no info on this and they dont do fast path ring back in an hour.
      I know it may take time to filter down but why release it before it is knowlege within the work place?
      If this was done in my job i could kill somone, and please sky these call centres abroad do nothing for you, he was no help and why ring netgear ?
      He cost me money made you look stupid and was no help at all,and you do youself no favours by releasing this info before your own staff are informed
      A simple request turned into costly phone calls and your own staff dont seem to know anything about it.
      Get a grip let your staff know first then release it.
      Anyway has anyone else had any luck ?
      Sky bb Max

2. Advertisement
      x LAGER LOUT x is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Aldershot:THAD
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Anyone had any luck with this yet ?

I've just come off the phone to tier 3 to have my max delays lowered. The first thing the guy said to me was "I cant put you on Fastpath". He did however, run some tests and lower my max delays.

All good so far? not really, 2 mins after coming off the phone, pages would no longer load at all.

So, rebooted the router and my downstream speed has plummeted to 2272kbps (from 6700kbps) whilst my upstream has dropped from 768 to 320.

I now have to wait till god only knows what time, to call back and try to get hold of another tier 3 techie to put it all back to how it was before.
      Last edited by x LAGER LOUT x; 01-11-07 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Spelling.

richone54 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: watford
      Broadband ISP: Virgin
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x LAGER LOUT x View Post
      I've just come off the phone to tier 3 to have my max delays lowered. The first thing the guy said to me was "I cant put you on Fastpath". He did however, run some tests and lower my max delays.

All good so far? not really, 2 mins after coming off the phone, pages would no longer load at all.

So, rebooted the router and my downstream speed has plummeted to 2272kbps (from 6700kbps) whilst my upstream has dropped from 768 to 320.

I now have to wait till god only knows what time, to call back and try to get hold of another tier 3 techie to put it all back to how it was before.

At least you won't be cannon fodder while you cant get online

x LAGER LOUT x is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Aldershot:THAD
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by richone54 View Post
      At least you won't be cannon fodder while you cant get online
      Very witty. I can actually get online now, just speeds have dropped by 65%.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

as said before, fastpath is NOT an option....you're reading the press release wrong (altho i can appreciate it does sound like that)
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

slinky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Please change Sky's name to "Sky, we dont do fastpath" then maybe people will get the message.

narl is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Sky dont do fastpath at all but it will have a great impact on your line ie more errors. For example I had a customer who's max delay was on 8 who by the way doesnt play games at all and he had 45345 errors on his line within the space of 2 days. He said that he had a slow connection, all I do was asked him did he play games and he said no, raised the delays from 8 to 32 and hey prestro he at 11pm after 9 hrs only had 3 errors on the line with quite a bit of data transferred.

So the option is there but the line will get alot more errors.