Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

high gaming ping

This is a discussion on high gaming ping within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; hey, my father and us have had sky broadband now for about 10 months when we switched form our old ...

cubes is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Lightbulb high gaming ping

hey, my father and us have had sky broadband now for about 10 months when we switched form our old connection. i play enemy territory and rtcw (both fps's) , after days of waiting and excitement to see what my ping would be, i was digusted to find out it was 50 - 70 more than my older ping. our old connection was 2 mb which is the same as our new one. what can i do? or get my father to do? it is almost impoossible to play through the lag and interuptions. i ping from 98 - 148 from european servers and 198 - 200 american.

thanks in advance
      Last edited by cubes; 27-10-07 at 06:33 PM.

2. Advertisement
      dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: high gaming ping

have a look at this thread mate
      Sky Have Listened To The Gamers

narl is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cubes View Post
      hey, my father and us have had sky broadband now for about 10 months when we switched form our old connection. i play enemy territory and rtcw (both fps's) , after days of waiting and excitement to see what my ping would be, i was digusted to find out it was 50 - 70 more than my older ping. our old connection was 2 mb which is the same as our new one. what can i do? or get my father to do? it is almost impoossible to play through the lag and interuptions. i ping from 98 - 148 from european servers and 198 - 200 american.

thanks in advance
      You could phone up sky tech support and ask them to turn your Max Delay from 32 to 8 this will speed up your game play quite alot although the line will get more errors on it. So its really down to have a faster game play and a lower ping rate but unstable connection or higher ping rate and a more stable connection.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

IF the SNR is high enough the delays at 8 won't worry it at all - its only when SNR is dropping to the minimum level and it gets set to 8s that problems occur...
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket