Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

So this tier 3 call, reply please

This is a discussion on So this tier 3 call, reply please within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; So if i phone up and ask for 8 ms will this solve my bull **** WoW pings, i cant ...

Newfaith is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

So this tier 3 call, reply please

So if i phone up and ask for 8 ms will this solve my bull **** WoW pings, i cant raid atm thanks to this and its really ******* me off, i find that i idle around 150-200 most of the time which is quite high and as soon as we start raiding it can be fine and then i get spikes and disconnections and my Guild master telling me if it carries on any longer i can no longer raid which is understandable as it is just hindering progress atm for everyone.

So what is this number i call for a start and what am i going to say?

2. Advertisement
      HarryBosch is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kidsgrove
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: So this tier 3 call, reply please

Hi there

Try this first ,http://www.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/kana , fill in the form then cut and paste the following into the query description box

All

After reviewing the sky forums sites, recent escalations from customers and after discussions with Marketing, please can you implement the following

Should any customer be transferred to Tier 3 and request for their max delay levels to be decreased as a result of them using their broadband connection for Gaming, please arrange for this to be done. You should look to set their max delays at 8. Please ensure you leave the customer with a stable line after completing this."

Within 48 hours my sons pings were down to an average of 50 , sometimes lower , and he has reported no probs since , this was a week ago.

However their have been instances where this hasn't solved the issue for some, but give it a try

Hope this helps

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Unfortunately the problem with WoW has nothing to do with Sky, Blizzard/Vivendi chose to go with Telia as their ISP in europe and frankly they are not up to the job.

I played WoW for 2.5 years on NTL,BT and Sky and on all 3 of these there were problems with latency and ping and it's still ongoing.

Some Virgin customers are having latencys of 1000+ and have had that since launch and all that Blizzard say is that they are aware of the issue between Virgin and Telia and that they are trying to resolve it.

In the end I moved to the US servers after they dropped the whole regionislation thing and I got a whole lot better connection.

The official boards are full of this and how blizzard and telia seem to be completely unable to handle all the traffic and are unable or unwilling to do anything about it.

Newfaith is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HarryBosch View Post
      Hi there

Try this first ,http://www.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/kana , fill in the form then cut and paste the following into the query description box

All

After reviewing the sky forums sites, recent escalations from customers and after discussions with Marketing, please can you implement the following

Should any customer be transferred to Tier 3 and request for their max delay levels to be decreased as a result of them using their broadband connection for Gaming, please arrange for this to be done. You should look to set their max delays at 8. Please ensure you leave the customer with a stable line after completing this."

Within 48 hours my sons pings were down to an average of 50 , sometimes lower , and he has reported no probs since , this was a week ago.

However their have been instances where this hasn't solved the issue for some, but give it a try

Hope this helps
      Hi, so you did not need to phone them up at all you just sent this query in?

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

yep - but lowering it to 8s will make the line less stable so you'l prob lose some speed to compensate for it
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket