Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

connection lost msg whilst gaming...

This is a discussion on connection lost msg whilst gaming... within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Please can any1 help me, i'm new to the site and have a problem with my broadband... Whilst playing Runescape ...

CluelessInMalvern is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Malvern?
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

connection lost msg whilst gaming...

Please can any1 help me, i'm new to the site and have a problem with my broadband...

Whilst playing Runescape i'm frequently getting the msg "connection lost", it can happen as often as once every 10 seconds, which is SOOOOOOOO annoying whilst trying to game!

I've not had my broadband long (3 weeks) and it worked fine for first few days then I had to send my pc off as there was a problem with the main board. Since my laptop came back i've had lots of problems with not being able to connect (the i icon on router is green but flickering very fast), and once I am connected I lose connection lots.

Tried calling customer support but have given up due to the call costs, and the fact they mindlessly repeat the same questions every time I call...

Please can you help or does any1 have any ideas?

ps I'm not very technically minded so please if you need any info, ask as tho you were talking to the village idiot and be very specific lol

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: connection lost msg whilst gaming...

the i icon on router is green but flickering very fast
      That's fine, that is showing the data travelling between your Lappie and the Internet.

Whilst playing Runescape i'm frequently getting the msg "connection lost", it can happen as often as once every 10 seconds, which is SOOOOOOOO annoying whilst trying to game!
      Do you have a software firewall on your machine?

I am connected I lose connection lots.
      Try turning off the UPnP

SkyUser - How to turn off UPnP

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser