Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sky Support Useless

This is a discussion on Sky Support Useless within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Trying to get my max_delay setting altered Rang 6 times... SIMPLE matter of speaking to Tier 3 and getting my ...

kevkev82 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thumbs down Sky Support Useless

Trying to get my max_delay setting altered
      Rang 6 times...

SIMPLE matter of speaking to Tier 3 and getting my max_delay setting changed from 32 down to 8.... Even requested this change

1) Lady was clueless

2) Man claimed he had created a ticket for me after forcing me to trouble shoot, waited 4 hours and still not a call... after a call back i learnt the man had not even created a ticket for me

3) Lady claimed to have put me throught but Tier 3 was now closed after 11pm

4) Man waffled on claiming unless your internet does not work we can not help you

5) Phone went dead, lady would not put me through to tier 3.

6) Lady forced me to troubleshoot

There is no easy way to get put through to Tier 3, Very costly on the phone bill and the staff are 100% determind NOT to put you through to Tier 3...

Sky support is a absolute DISGRACE!!!

WIll be cancelling our sky broadband and letting as many people know as possible.... Complete joke... Amongst being put on hold...

SKY == DISGRACE

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Sky Support Useless

tier 1 won't have a scooby about max delays so the fact ur evening mentioning them to them will just confuse them...

if gaming is THAT important to u then change isp as Sky (altho they'll try) don't fully support gaming at the level most gamers require

as to why people don't get put to tier 3 straight away for a gaming issue? there's a a LOT more important issues to deal with then someone who cant play a game...eg, no connection at all!!
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Focus2000 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: FreeSat
      Thanks

Totally agree, always makes me laff when they say they have 24hour support on their add's (but dont say, will cost ya). I've gone the e-mail route (not willing to pay for calls, ill just keep spamming them) with just about the same replies. If I dont get any joy, i will be leaving too.

Thanks

personally, i dont have any sympathy for gamers moving from what may have been a perfectly good service to Sky purely on the basis of saving money and then kick off when games don't work.

ok i might get a lynching for this but why not go out and enjoy the fresh air? there's more to life then games and if you can get to tier 3 - great but if not just try and have patience.

As i said before, people with no connection will take priority over someone who's connection is fine but they get booted from the odd game...

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Exchange:
      Thanks

Lucky there are a few good SP games out now, otherwise I would have been off before the 8 day's grace. Just wish i found this forum before signing up, lol, get what you pay for I guess.

Thanks

^ to an extent yes...i think expectation is the big downfall as people tend to see '16MB' and '10' without reading the small print saying distance from exchange and quality of line play a part in actual speed that can be achieved...

hopefully service will get an overview and gaming will be properly supported (or at least have correct avenues to get things resolved) but until then everyone'll have to wait!!

Exchange:
      Thanks

Gone a bit OT with first paragraph, im not bothered about d/load speed. Im on Mid, my line cant even support 8meg, let alone 16, as im too far from the exchange. Lucky if I get just over 2.5.

All I asked was for the "max delays" to be lowered to 8 (as per the first post) as i've read this helps with Game latency/ping. As Topic, Sky Suport is usless. Im prepared to wait (as each e-mail is replyed to a week after sending), as long as they know it's an issue and it's going to be dealt with.

Thanks

reducing it to 8 on an already 'unstable' line will actually cause more issue regarding errors and id personally ask to be set to 16 - but by all means ask for 8s

Exchange:
      Thanks

So how come I was getting a perfectly good ping (<30) with my previous ISP. I have not changed the line. The only things that are different are the router Sky provided and Sky supplying the BB.

Thanks

what was ur speed setup on ur previous ISP? an increase in speed can show up the inefficiency of a phone line otherwise masked by low speeds...

I'm not saying ask for it, i'm just saying trying to sort the line out 100% first should be tried (if it has sorry - not seen many other posts from you before)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast