Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

bf2142 probs??

This is a discussion on bf2142 probs?? within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi, I have read the treads and Sky have lowered my max delay to 8. Also they capped my line ...

jamsterfrog is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Earlsdon-CMEARD
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+HD,x2 sky+
      Thanks

bf2142 probs??

Hi,

I have read the treads and Sky have lowered my max delay to 8. Also they capped my line to 7meg to stabilise and changed me from adsl2 to g.dmt.
      All good.
      The only problem is I still cant play BF2142 on line. When I load it only gives me 5 servers and when I log on to one..I get kicked straight away?
      I have a PS3 and have no problems playing on-line with it. I connects and multi-player games run without a hitch (fall of man and fight night)
      I haven't tweaked the PS3 in any way no port forwarding ,no router tweaks just connected and away I went.
      The PC on the other hand is performing dismally. When I was with NTL the server list was hitting the high 400's!

Any help please!

I have posted my router stats in the relevant forum to see if its a software problem

look forward to any replies!!

Cheers

Jam

2. Advertisement
      AndyL is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Balmoral
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: bf2142 probs??

Quote Originally Posted by jamsterfrog View Post
      Hi,

I have read the treads and Sky have lowered my max delay to 8. Also they capped my line to 7meg to stabilise and changed me from adsl2 to g.dmt.
      All good.
      The only problem is I still cant play BF2142 on line. When I load it only gives me 5 servers and when I log on to one..I get kicked straight away?
      I have a PS3 and have no problems playing on-line with it. I connects and multi-player games run without a hitch (fall of man and fight night)
      I haven't tweaked the PS3 in any way no port forwarding ,no router tweaks just connected and away I went.
      The PC on the other hand is performing dismally. When I was with NTL the server list was hitting the high 400's!

Any help please!

I have posted my router stats in the relevant forum to see if its a software problem

look forward to any replies!!

Cheers

Jam
      Are you sure you haven't ticked a filter on the search, IE. you are only searching for unsecured ( non punkbuster servers ) of which there are very few?

As for getting kicked, check your pc for spyware etc, punkbuster will kick ya if your machine has problems in that department also run "memtest86" and check you have no memory problems again this can result in punkbuster kicks. I am assuming that you have the correct patch installed.

I can only give you a little advice as I stopped gaming a while ago but these are all valid reasons for your current problems, im sure there are a few more im forgetting.

My stats

-fe.lep- Captain Stats, BF2S.com

fe-lep Captain Gold Stats

Perhaps a post on the forums of BF2S.com might help you out too.

Andyl aka -fe.lep-

dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: bf2142 probs??

As andyl says check your server filters.
      As for getting kicked straight away I think this is "the first connect bug". It does it to me every time I try to connect to any server, works ok 2nd time round tho and connects straight away. Dont know if theres a fix for it and havnt bothered looking as so used to doin it twice now.