Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Xbox 360 Demo Download Failures

This is a discussion on Xbox 360 Demo Download Failures within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Since the swap from AOL to Sky connect (may have changed to mid now) I've noticed difficulties in downloading large ...

Reflux is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Exclamation Xbox 360 Demo Download Failures

Since the swap from AOL to Sky connect (may have changed to mid now) I've noticed difficulties in downloading large files of the marketplace. They each get to their own certain % and then fail time and time again. Some large files do download but it is rare. Many people have reported that turning their DMZ off worked for them. How do you manage this on the Sky/netgear router? Or how am i meant to fix this problem with downloading.

Also have they changed the mid package from unlimited download usage to 40gb? Because we signed up for connect at 5 a month untill mid rolled out down here and i swear the specs said unlimited download usage. I am, needless to say, absolutely livid at sky at the minute. They never sent us a confirmation letter to say we had even been connected! Anyway if you know whats going on with the downloads please share that info cause i'm desperate.

2. Advertisement
      preetkk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Xbox 360 Demo Download Failures

will if you go to Sky's website it states 40gb usage limit for Mid package

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yeah i know that it does now, i don't think it did when we signed up.

NewDigger is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

As far as I am aware the download limit for mid has always been 40GB, the download limit for max is unlimited.

As for the downloads, you could try turning UPNP off, and opening the Xbox lives ports and forwarding them to the Xbox.

jmanderson69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Fallings Park
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I have my router with upnp ON! When i took it off my 360 wouldnt connect to any games, NAT kept going to moderate. I think upnp issues is just a myth, i have yet to have the need to de-activate it.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

^^^^ I don't think it is a myth, but it certainly seems to effect routers differently. I have not turned it off, but there are a great many who have and find their problems gone!

If it's turned off you need to open ports manually, which is a bit more of a hassle than just plugging in.

Connect and MID have always been limited to a usage, not download, of 40GB. I think you are getting mixed up with MAX, which has unlimited usage, subject to FUP.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I've turned off uPnP and opened the correct ports

UDP 88
      UDP 3074
      TCP 3074

Still no luck. I know that the router isn't supported by xbox live but everyone who a hasn't had a supported router has been able to configure around it. Most people said it was because their xbox was DMZ enabled and they had to take it out of the DMZ. Mine isn't in the DMZ. It's definately Firewall related though.