Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Low Pings WITHOUT Fastpath!!!

This is a discussion on Low Pings WITHOUT Fastpath!!! within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Woracker and others..... Just a tip, i went in via the email route. I was dealing with....... "AllCustomerCareEscalation@BSkyB.com" .........over a ...

scuba is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stourbridge
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Low Pings WITHOUT Fastpath!!!

Woracker and others.....

Just a tip, i went in via the email route. I was dealing with.......

"AllCustomerCareEscalation@BSkyB.com"

.........over a Sky+ issue and mentioned what I wanted doing to my max delays to them.

I had an email back from:

"Broadband.CustomerService@bskyb.com"

.....telling me my request had been passed on to them and a tier 3 representative will contact me regarding the issue, within 24 hours this happened.

Not sure if these are common email addresses to use or not. You didn't get em from me ok nudge nudge

Obviously in my initial email I stated that i was coming to end of my 12 month contract and this was a particular issue I would like resolved or else I may look elsewhere.

2. Advertisement
      Zico is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Canterbury (NDCAN)
      Broadband ISP: VFast.co.uk
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
      <snip>
      Great to hear that people on the inside are looking for a change as well.

I have to say that Sky's Broadband support is getting a bit of a reputation now...

...for being quite good. I've spoken to every level and I've had a fantastic service from all.

NewDigger is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

On a recent phone call regarding my connection getting slow, they checked my line and oddly according to the numbers I should be able to get 16 meg, but my line for some reason just won't have ADSL 2, so they've put me on normal ADSL. While I was on the phone, the guy there asked if I had any game consoles or did online gaming. I said yes, and he said "Well, you should get better pings now, I've just changed your max delays from 32 to 8."

I was naturally please. It seems that if you call past 11pm you cut out the tier 1 stuff, and can actually talk to people who are super helpful. Not that tier 1 aren't useful, but they do get annoying if u actually have a persistent problem that you know only tier 3 can help you with.

Ixel is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SDESTBR
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Hi,
      So if I ring Sky BB Support tommorow (Monday) sometime after 11pm and do manage to get through to Tier 3, then ask them to change my 'max delays' setting from 32 to 8, would this also effect the speed in which I receive at the moment? I currently sync at around 7500-7800kbps~ with a speed test of 6500-6600kbps~ on speedtest.bbmax.co.uk day and night. If this change is likely to slow that down then I may not bother attempting to get through to Tier 3.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Didn't effect my downloads, just improved my ping.

Thanks

I see, did you do a speed test (just making certain, would hate to waste Sky's time if speeds slowed down on page response or actual KB/sec rates)?, and do you believe I may have a good chance of getting through to Tier 3 if I request this today in the next few hours from now, it's the first time I will be phoning BB support during being with Sky's service, last of all is there a specific number I ring except the '40 40 40' one for getting through to Sky BB support?

Thanks.
      Last edited by Ixel; 26-08-07 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Correction

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yeah speed test done before and after, it was actually better afterwards but was recorded at different times of the day.

This is the number I used: 08705 515 515

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scuba View Post
      Yeah speed test done before and after, it was actually better afterwards but was recorded at different times of the day.

This is the number I used: 08705 515 515
      I rung that number earlier today, unfortunately got through to an indian or some international call center by the sounds of the accent. The woman didn't understand what I meant about 'MAX DELAY' setting, so I was transferred to someone else, the man stopped me in my tracks before going on more about it after confirming my details and transferred me to another person, Jan I believe, Technical Support Advisor?, after which I was told I should use the online support form. Unless I have a slow connection they can not help me on the phone. She said if I use the online form it may take 24 hours or longer, but should skip the Tier levels? Is this right? And she also told me if I couldn't get it resolved via the online form that I should phone them again on option 1, then 4 for broadband technical support? - After which I would have to go through their 'Slow connection troubleshooting thing', but my connection is fine .

jackDEFECTORbauer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I been watching this thread for a while now and last night (my 4th call) I got straight through to a helpful chap who knew about max delays. Went through a few basic settings before being put through to tier 3. As well as changing the max delays, my speed was set to just over 5mb which is all I ever got anyway. Apparently the line was trying to send me 16mb.

Pings have dropped a bit but I haven't tested online gaming yet. Looking good though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jackDEFECTORbauer View Post
      I been watching this thread for a while now and last night (my 4th call) I got straight through to a helpful chap who knew about max delays. Went through a few basic settings before being put through to tier 3. As well as changing the max delays, my speed was set to just over 5mb which is all I ever got anyway. Apparently the line was trying to send me 16mb.

Pings have dropped a bit but I haven't tested online gaming yet. Looking good though.
      I'm not having the same luck, i've called three times today, two of the times I did not reply as it was an indian call center, so I ended the call. If I got through to a call center in the UK perhaps I would have better luck with the tech support team, but so far I've just been told I need to go through a slow connection troubleshooting process with them so I can be put through to Tier 3. They don't even know what I mean by the max delay setting when I explain it to them. I've tried the online form earlier today, hopefully I will get a reply tommorow some point with news that it has been done.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast