Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Only been with Sky BB a Week and not been off Tech Support

This is a discussion on Only been with Sky BB a Week and not been off Tech Support within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Sky was enable last wednesday but they came with the box to install it monday. I say install it, they ...

kindredknight is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: YORK
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Only been with Sky BB a Week and not been off Tech Support

Sky was enable last wednesday but they came with the box to install it monday. I say install it, they came and handed me the stuff as didnt have a clue.

He then left without net being connected and said should be ok

45 min later with tech support they finally sent a proper signal to connect.

since then they have been trying to squeeze 6mb down a line that can only handle 4.5 and eventually after 3 days they have changed the speed and no net problems.

apart from PING which it looks like everyone is having same issues with. Im on SKY MAX and my ping to a uk game server through Xfire is 50 however to other servers 100+ which makes gameplay none existant as i get kicked for having high pings. Even when pinging bbc.co.uk it comes back as high.

I called them again so 5 days out of 5 and they went through their script as usual and now they said there is a problem with the YORK Exchange so hopefully that might sort it but im not holding my breath tbh.

2. Advertisement
      Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Only been with Sky BB a Week and not been off Tech Support

You could read the stats section http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/router-stats/ post your detailed stats to see if they show up any issues.