Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ps3 connection help

This is a discussion on Ps3 connection help within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hey whenever i play on my ps3 during online play the connection seems to drop after a while it comes ...

manje10 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Ps3 connection help

Hey whenever i play on my ps3 during online play the connection seems to drop after a while it comes up with the message connection lost or something along those lines. This usually happens while i play resistance fall of man and it gets very frustrating when you lose the connection half way through a game. I get this everyday while playing on my ps3 mostly in the evenings. I was just wondering if anyone knew how to stop this from happening or reduce the amount of times it happens? I have included information on my ps3 connection settings below-

This is what it says on the connection and settings list-

Internet connection- Enabled
      Connection method- Wired connection
      Speed and duplex- Auto detect
      Address settings- Automatic
      Subnet mask- Automatic
      Default router- Automatic
      Primary DNS- Automatic
      Secondary DNS- Automatic
      Mac address- 00:19:c5:2a:69:20
      MTU- Automatic
      Proxy server- Do not use
      Upnp- Enabled
      Nat type- -

This is what it says when my ps3 is connected to the router in the connections and settings list

Internet connection- Enabled
      Connection method- Wired connection
      Speed and duplex- Auto detect
      Address settings- Automatic
      IP address- 192.168.0.2
      Subnet mask- 255.255.255.0
      Default router-192.168.0.1
      Primary DNS- 192.168.0.1
      Secondary DNS- 0.0.0.0
      Mac address- 00:19:c5:2a:69:20
      MTU- Automatic
      Proxy server- Do not use
      Upnp- Not available
      Nat type- Type 2

Im a complete noob at solving these kind of problems so if anyone has any ideas on how to fix this please explain to me in a noob language Thanks
      Last edited by manje10; 07-07-07 at 01:31 PM.

2. Advertisement
      Ian83 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Larklane Liverpool
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Ps3 connection help

I'm no expert, but try turning upnp off on the sky router and make the ps3's ip the DMZ or forward the ports if you can be bothered

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hey i turned the Upnp of on the sky router and by DMZ do u mean DNS? Also does there have to be anything in the secondary DNS section? I left it as automatic but it says 0.0.0.0 and that doesnt seem right.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Can anyone help please because it still disconnects while playing online. Its really starting to annoy me now lol

Sky_Surfer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Look in the handbook that comes with the game (usually towards the back) You might find there are port numbers there that need to be forwarded. I have found that even with Upnp turned on a few games have still required me to forward these ports.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hey thanks for the info unfortunatley it doesnt mention anything about ports in the handbook or the case. Also i dont have a clue about port forwarding lol could somone please explain to me how to do it step by step please and what i have to type in to get my ps3 from disconnecting. Thank

Oh and how do i find the DMZ?
      Last edited by manje10; 11-07-07 at 01:29 PM.

Exchange:
      Thanks

check this site it has the port numbers you need to forward and tells you how to do it.

Orpheus Internet: Sony Playstation 3 Support - Network Help, Broadband Help, Firewall Rules and Configuration, NAT, Online Game Setup

If you require more help post back and I will be happy to help as much as I can. (at work at the moment so don't have time to write detailed explanation for sky router but can do it later if needed)

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hey can you tell me where abouts in the sky router page you add the ports? thanks

Edit- ok i kinda figured it out now so u create the port in services and then add it in firewall rules.

Can u tell me if i did the first one correct? I created the port 3658 (i got that from the website u showed me it says it was for the playstation network) i went in to services i named it PSN i made the type as UDP as it says on the website. Then in start and finish port sections i put 3658 then i clicked apply.

Then i went to the firewall section i clicked add on outbound, where it said service i added my PSN port. For action i put allow always it was on block always originally and then clicked apply.

Then i went to inbound, i selected my PSN port in the service bit i left the action as allow always then in send to LAN server it needed an IP. First i put 192.168.0.1 and it didnt work then i tried 192.168.0.2 which on Ps3 says its my ip address. Then i clicked apply and it didnt come up with illegal Ip address like last time so im guessing it was correct.

Is this all correct so far? I want to make sure before i add anymore
      Last edited by manje10; 11-07-07 at 08:59 PM.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hey i forwarded all the suitable ports for my ps3 listed on that website but i still get disconnections from time to time so could anyone list all the correct ports the ps3 needs and the correct rules for them? Thanks

Exchange:
      Thanks

Still having no luck?
      The easiest way is to put the ps3 in the DMZ then you will be nat2 which is needed. It also saves the hastle of needing to forward any ports for any game.

I would just point out now that I'm no security expert so I don't know if this is advisable. I'm sure someone will inform us both if its not!

OK i assume you have assigned a fixed ip address to your ps3. if not you will need to do that. After this is done in the router setting page click wan setup. Put a tick in the box saying default DMZ server the add the ip of your ps3. Click apply and you are done. If you still have disconnections after that it would be worth posting detailed router stats for people to have a look at those for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast