Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

huge packetloss on Sky with DLink router Vista

This is a discussion on huge packetloss on Sky with DLink router Vista within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I recently installed Vista, and ever since my CS:S has been unplayable - every 1-2 minutes I would get huge ...

Rack is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

huge packetloss on Sky with DLink router Vista

I recently installed Vista, and ever since my CS:S has been unplayable - every 1-2 minutes I would get huge packet loss (loss=30-80) and I would stop for about 10-20 seconds, by which time I was usually dead in the game.

Now normally I would assume taht it's Vista doing it, but I've been getting a lot mroe dropped connections as well. I've gone through the CS:S troubleshooting guide for incompatible programs, I don't think there is anything left running and it still happens. ONly thing I can think to do is try a wired connection and see if it's my wireless setup.

Is there possibly something going on with my router or SKY connection that would cause occasional high loss??

Router is a D-Link DSL-G624T, wifi adaptor is a X-Micro .11G usb adaptor (it has been really good for ages in XP).

2. Advertisement
      Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: huge packetloss on Sky with DLink router Vista

Yes CRC/line errors, check out the Router Stas section on the front of the forum, there is advise there on how to show up your detailed stats, which will show up any errors.

indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

Re: huge packetloss on Sky with DLink router Vista

sounds like a Tier 3 issue to me. looks like your gonna need to call up and get your line sorted. But they wont do it if your not using the Sky router, so I'd suggest moving back to it sharpish, or you'll be stuck.