Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

High Ping Easynet Servers

This is a discussion on High Ping Easynet Servers within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi everyone Good news have decided to stay thanks to all your help Bad news ping I have just done ...

Lister is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

High Ping Easynet Servers

Hi everyone

Good news have decided to stay thanks to all your help

Bad news ping

I have just done a WinMTR traceroute to the server I play on for CSS 77.74.194.190

I am getting 50% loss from an easynet server.

ip-89-200-134-117.ov.easynet.net

52 % Loss
      4661 Packets sent
      2281 Packets received
      31 Best
      87 Average
      5922 Worst

Anyone else experiencing problems or does anyone know what can be done ?

Any help appreciated.

2. Advertisement
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: High Ping Easynet Servers

Guess I am on my own with this one then

screamer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ribbleton
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

You can be sure you're not on your own, just search for "pings", "lags", "packet loss" you'll find many threads about that.

I've been getting constantly high ping to easynet servers and any others for the last month - between 70 and 80ms plus packet losses around 3-5%. Before it was fine, although lossy already. In the initial period of 8 days though it was perfect so I didn't need to search for these forums. But as it hit the fan, alike many people I turned for help to google and registered with this great forum. Unfortunately all found out is that there is really no solution to that.

I posted my router stats which I got from here there appeared to be serious CRCs but it's fine now. I did all the possible checks including a different router and still no change. I phoned ridiculous sky support which have kept telling me that they see no problem with my connection and what exactly is that I want from them. I had to spell words like ping or latency, packet loss. "What loss?" They refused to log my ticket but finally did. I've never heard back from the Olympus-situated magic tier3, which is the only guys that can do something about the line and which has actually been done a number times as posts in this forum show.

So after spelling my details to a number of persons in Philippines and India, following discussions that probably "other computers use your signal" or that it is eaten by small bugs that live on copper and binary code, I gave up.

As far as I understand, after reading lots of posts here, you either get lucky and have normal pings as many people do, or you get into laggy and lossy crap from which no one is willing to drag you out ;]

happy gaming

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I have managed to sort the problem I had on internal wiring (dodgy surge protection) and the phone line (Increased noise margin). So CRC's are now less than 0.01%. It means a reduction in speed but a more stable connection. I didn't need 16Mbit speed anyway and 8Mbit will do me just fine. A small price to pay for a stable connection.

What I was trying to find out is why this server in particular was causing a problem and if anybody else experienced problems with it.

The server is

ip = 89-200-134-117 ov.easynet.net

All the other servers I pass through give no or very little loss but this one in particular I am getting in excess of 50 % loss. Has anyone also noticed a recent problem with this particular easynet server.

Would sending a ticket to Sky help seeing as they own the Easynet servers, don't they ?

Thanks

skotish| is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: stirling
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

my ping has doubled since sunday and still aint sorted its self out yet

screamer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ribbleton
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi, mine has trebled to some servers about a month ago say from 26 to 70, then dropped from 70 to 55 and stayed like this a week ago, no change since than despite numerous phone calls and promises of callback.

snuffs99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Hey lister m8, i too am getting severe packet loss from that exact server (according to pingplotter)and upto now i am getting no help from sly in sorting it. This seem to coincide with a fault sly had a few weeks back where half the country using sly lost interent services with error codes 200 and 300 being given by their routers.

I don't play css but i do play enemy territory and am getting pings of 200+ on servers which i connect too via that server along the way.

I'm glad i'm not the only one, i know its no help to yourself but i am glad i'm not going mad alone.

I don't really know what to suggest as i've tried contacting sly many times to which i loose them once i deviate from their script by mentioning hops and pings etc as it just kills the conversation tbh. lol

I suppose its worth mentioning that i only get pings of 200+ around evening times and they drop back to 100-150 after midnight.

Re:

Snuffs
      Last edited by snuffs99; 15-07-07 at 06:48 PM.

LPB
      LPB is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Westside (Crips side)
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I am getting 100% packet loss on that server.

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I luckliy don't conntect through that server to get to my online games. I know VM players have had a similar problem since December with one of their servers doing the exact same thing and not much happening with it with VM stonewalling.

The problem is that gamers tend to know more how the internet works than most of the people on the tech support side and most times the only time something gets sorted if the server finally blows a gasket and breaks then somebody may go and have a look at it.

gazpot0111645 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

20% Packet Loss Most Of The Time.

If You Cannot See That...2 Of The Easynet Servers Give Me 10% Packet Loss From Each Most Of The Time.

Isnt It About Time This Kind Of Problem Should Be Rectified?

Thanks
      Last edited by gazpot0111645; 17-07-07 at 12:11 AM.