Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

my 360

This is a discussion on my 360 within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Can anyone reassure me that connecting the 360 is an easy process. I am joining from AOL and getting the ...

mrapriliafalco is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: CONNECT SOON NO MAX IN AREA
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

my 360

Can anyone reassure me that connecting the 360 is an easy process. I am joining from AOL and getting the 360 to work was a nightmare something to do with network sharing as both could not run at the same time
      Cheers lads as very concerned about this, AOL even gave me a month free it was that bad

2. Advertisement
      Tezcatlipoca is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Cambridge (EACAM)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: my 360

It's easy

Just connect the 360's ethernet port to one of the router's spare LAN ports, or get the official 360 wireless adaptor & use wireless instead.

However:

XboxLive uses UPnP... but some people find that UPnP can causes disconnection problems with the Sky router.

If you have problems with UPnP, & so turn it off, then you will need to forward the relevant XBL ports to the 360, as you won't have UPnP doing it automatically for you.

You would need to forward the following ports:

UDP 88
      UDP 3074
      TCP 3074

Xbox 360: Port settings for Xbox Live

Create a Service for each via the router's web interface (Security > Services > Add Custom Service).

Then, create Firewall Rules for each (Security > Firewall Rules > Add INBOUND Services), with "ALLOW Always", LAN Server IP Address = Xbox's IP, WAN Users = Any, & Log = Never.

The Xbox needs to always have the same IP.

You can add it's MAC address to the router's Address Reservation list (Advanced > LAN IP Setup) & give it a set IP there.

Or, simply give it a manually assigned static IP, & manual DNS, & gateway (in the Xbox's network settings).

IP = 192.168.0.x - where "x" is a number outside of the range of IPs the router assigns via DHCP [the range can be found, & changed, on the router's interface - under Advanced > LAN IP Setup > Use As DHCP Server > Starting IP Address / Ending IP Address].

Gateway = 192.168.0.1 [the router's IP]

Subnet Mask = 255.255.255.0

DNS = 192.168.0.1 [the router's IP]

Also, unrelated to the 360, I'd recommend reading these:

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/speed...html#post27640

DSL ZoneUK - Improve your speed - Extension wiring and Disconnection help