Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Sky cancellation - Copy of letter, anything I can add?

This is a discussion on Sky cancellation - Copy of letter, anything I can add? within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Just about to send below to sky (recorded of course lol) Address is, feeling more people will need it. sky ...

SmokeKingGun is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV:

Sky cancellation - Copy of letter, anything I can add?

Just about to send below to sky (recorded of course lol)

Address is, feeling more people will need it.

sky subscriber services limited
      Customer care department
      po box 99
      west lothian
      EH54 7PR

So far Ive been told that I will have to be tied to contract (6 months left) but have been told to put complaints in writing. If I am tied will just keep router (figure its worth at least 40)

I am writing to confirm cancelation of my Sky Broadband MAX package.
      I have had problems the last few months with very poor latency.
      This has increased my ping speeds and made online gaming impossible.
      I have logged this problem several times and have been promoised a call back
      from Tier 3 techincal support at least 3 times.
      I have never received a call back and have never been able to get through direct to Tier 3.
      I have also had problems with instable connections and dropouts compared to my other ISP and now my line also seems to be capped at 3488kbps download - It used to fluctuate depending on my SNR ratio (usually going slightly higher.)

As the ADSL I recived is LLU and the problem seems to be with SKY's equipment within the BT exchange, I feel I should not be expected to complete the 12 month contract (currently 6 months left - activated 2nd October.) I feel I have given plenty of opportunity to resolve this issue, and have received no feedback or seen any improvements. Below is copy of traceroute showing slow gateway (2nd line) -

Tracing route to Google []

over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms
      2 73 ms 85 ms 96 ms []
      3 57 ms 57 ms 57 ms
      4 * * 66 ms []
      5 65 ms 64 ms 66 ms []
      6 66 ms 65 ms 65 ms
      7 61 ms 62 ms 61 ms
      8 74 ms 74 ms 72 ms
      9 74 ms 72 ms 73 ms
      10 73 ms 73 ms 73 ms
      11 86 ms 73 ms 73 ms
      12 74 ms 73 ms 73 ms []

Trace complete.

I have logged the problem at first on 5th may, this ticket was closed without my knowledge and stated it had been repaired. I then called back and logged another ticket and again received no call back.
      I logged another ticket on the 19th and this time was told that there was a fault at the exchange, again received no call back from tier 3 and again the ticket was closed and stated it had been fixed. I called back again on 21st
      and had been told the exchange had been fixed (no call back see above) and was then issued another ticket for the same problem. I have checked on a friends SKY broadband MAX and she is going through the same gateway and has issues with poor latency to SKY's equipment within BT Exhange ( {})
      It is clearly a problem with SKY equipment.

I have been a SKY TV customer a number of years and have been happy with the service but the customer support I have received from SKY broadband and the level of service has been the total opposite.

Due to consistent failure to provide an adequate service I consider you to be in breach of contract and thereby give notice with immediate effect.
      I am not willing to pay the remainder 6 month contract and will return the SKY router if you could forward return postage paid packaging to me.

Please confirm you receipt and agreement to the contents of above.

2. Advertisement
      newskyBOd Guest
      Broadband ISP:
      Sky TV:

Re: Sky cancellation - Copy of letter, anything I can add?

try emailing james murdock too the email is on here somewhere if you search i wish you luck when its good its good but when its terrible its bad bad bad