Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gamers - remember 8 days cooling off

This is a discussion on Gamers - remember 8 days cooling off within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; So if one requests the cancellation within the 8 day period and also requests a MAC, what monies get refunded ...

LPB
      LPB is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Westside (Crips side)
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Gamers - remember 8 days cooling off

So if one requests the cancellation within the 8 day period and also requests a MAC, what monies get refunded exactly?

2. Advertisement
      andycswt is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Aberdare
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I recently rang the "tech" line about my ping. The advisor said he didn't even know what a ping was. He said Sky don't support online gaming and that i should ring MICROSOFT!!

LPB
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andycswt View Post
      I recently rang the "tech" line about my ping. The advisor said he didn't even know what a ping was. He said Sky don't support online gaming and that i should ring MICROSOFT!!
      That's exactly what happened to me.

He was like "pinggg?!... pingggg?!" I said, "yeah P-I-N-G, ping!"

It's not their fault however, it's Sky who don't seem to understand hierachy of how tech support should be set up. That aside, if there weren't these widespread fundamental problems, I wouldn't be here.
      Last edited by LPB; 17-07-07 at 09:54 PM.

indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

Its a bit odd that you have both been in contact with Sky tech support, and have both had advisers who don't know what ping is. I know I do, i was made to watch this cool little cartoon about it in training, and so was my entire training group.

and, before you go on about how sky train their advisers with cartoons, it was actually a very effective way to describe it for the non-technical people during the training. it showed how the internet worked with routers and switches, and was actually very accurate.

but in regards to pings, pings do not affect normal browsing as much as it affects online gaming. I am not with Sky BB yet as my current contract isnt up, and i cant get out of it without paying, but I get high pings on my line as well, but I still manage to play online games such as CS:S, C&C3, BF2 and Supreme Commander without getting booted, without much lag and I am still able to beat people at games. My Pings are sometimes as high as 150, and Im still able to enjoy the games. But regardless of how high your ping is, you will still be able to get super fast browsing, which is the MAIN use of the internet.

so complaining about pings to Sky may be a big deal to you, but Sky Broadband is there to primarily provide you with a strong, stable and fast connection. If your not dropping connection, and are connecting at the maximum speed your line can support, then there is not an issue. It is your preference for lower Ping, whereas Sky try to get the best for everyone.

Plus, there are rumors going about, and I will emphasize that these are RUMORS and not fact, and may even have no official basis, but there may be an upheaval in the way tech support is being carried out, and also that there may be a change in policy in regards to pings. but you didn't hear it from me, and don't take my word as gospel, it may just be something being ****ed around by the advisers.

Godspeed is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: And Mart
      Broadband ISP: MID & Missing my Connect Ping
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Its a bit odd that you have both been in contact with Sky tech support, and have both had advisers who don't know what ping is. I know I do
      how sky train their advisers with cartoons,it was actually a very effective way to describe it for the non-technical people
      Are you having a laugh? So the people in technical support are none technical people?

The person I got through to said the more bandwidth I had should lower my ping, so the MAX package should sort me out as it's designed for gamers....I felt like charging HIM for my time in letting him know how connections work!

Damn you sky why could'nt you just of left me on connect!

Last edited by Godspeed; 18-07-07 at 05:09 PM.

LPB
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Received my MAC code. Nice knowing you all and good luck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12