Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

what number do people call for fast path

This is a discussion on what number do people call for fast path within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Originally Posted by gazpot0111645 Why is my ping so high to a server based in the UK that i used ...

Kitch9 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Cant Understand! PING, GAMING, CS, CZ, Blah

Quote Originally Posted by gazpot0111645 View Post
      Why is my ping so high to a server based in the UK that i used to have a ping of around 30-40 on.
      Now here are those results on SKY BROADBAND.
      All us gamers want is to play a simple game but SKY'S internet wont enable us to, even when we do play our ping slows us down or makes us crap!
      Sky...upgrade!

Pinging 81.19.219.52 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 81.19.219.53: bytes=32 time=92ms TTL=57
      Reply from 81.19.219.53: bytes=32 time=89ms TTL=57
      Reply from 81.19.219.53: bytes=32 time=94ms TTL=57
      Reply from 81.19.219.53: bytes=32 time=89ms TTL=57

Ping statistics for 89.19.219.53:
      Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 <0%Loss>,
      Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
      Minimum = 89ms, Maximum = 94ms, Average 91ms
      Have you joined that server to see what your actual in game ping is? Servers are usually busy so when you ping them randomly like that you don't get as quick a reply as if you'd joined them to play.....

2. Advertisement
      if-only is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: what number do people call for fast path

i too have had problems when phoning sky about same problem, they kept me on phone for ages ( big phone bill ), then said they cant help, half the time was spent trying to talk to someone who could hardly speak english.!!!!!!

Mr KP is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wembley
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Smile Re: what number do people call for fast path

My worst fears were realised yesterday when Sky activated my broadband and my pings during online gaming(Counterstrike source and UT2004) were over 100ms constantly. My previous ISP( Freedom2Surf) had average pings of 35ms. I was quite unhappy as this ruined the gameplay.

Anyway I called sky up yesterday at around 5pm and got through to tier1 support Philippines, I think , I spoke to a women and explained my problem to her but she didn't understand what pings were and asked me to look at my modem stats and check my cable and plug into test socket but it didnt help, and I asked to raise a ticket with tier3 and ended the call.

I then thought I'd call TS whilst getting ready for work at 3.30am this morning just because I thought it wouldn't be that busy at that time. I got through to T1, he sounded australian? couldn't figure out which actual country he was speaking from. Anyway after some testing with windows command promt, entering commands such as "netstat", "tracert", "ping" he ackwowledged that my pings are quite high and he couldn't figure out what was causing it. After 20mins of testing he said he wants T3 colleague to look into it, so he put me on hold for a few minutes and then came back with a T3 guy who said he was "intrigued". Within minutes of telling him I was an avid gamer he set my "delay" setting down and my pings decreased to average of 40ms. Im still on interleaved path but my gaming pings decreased substantially to something well playble, so getting on fast path is not the only thing that will help decrease your pings although he did admit that if I was on fast path then I would prolly see a little more decrease in pings.
      Last edited by Mr KP; 03-07-07 at 07:44 PM.

Dibdab214 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

[QUOTE=Mr KP;83283]Within minutes of telling him I was an avid gamer he set my "delay" setting down and my pings decreased to average of 40ms.QUOTE]

Is this something that only sky can do or is there a way that I can do it manually??

Thanks
      Davie

Mr KP is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wembley
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Yes its something only sky can do as only their tier 3 support will have access to it. But I reckon you've got to call them at 3 in the morning to get speak to someone in tier 3.

skotish| is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: stirling
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

can,t wait 2 move 80+ms pings uk servers is just 2 much i was happy with my 30+ms ping that i had with sky only 3 weeks ago and ave been with sky for 4 months

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345