Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

what number do people call for fast path

This is a discussion on what number do people call for fast path within the Gaming on Sky forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Originally Posted by Oneiros I refer to the fact that gamers are, statistically speaking, likely to make more calls in ...

dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: what number do people call for fast path

Quote Originally Posted by Oneiros View Post
      I refer to the fact that gamers are, statistically speaking, likely to make more calls in to technical support whenever there is anything they are not entirely happy with. More calls leads to more costs.

Also they are less likely to be happy with having to go through a Tier 1 agent before speaking to someone who can manually configure their line.

And I never said it was right, in case you were implying as much. I am simply telling you why Sky do not sell their product as a gaming service (provided the sales person knows what they are talking about).
      If this was aimed at me then I apologize :-
      1 i spent the last 5 years with bt and never complained once as pings were low
      2 I switched to sky and they did not tell me it wasn't a service for gamers and as far as I'm aware they still dont as this would put off potential customers

2. Advertisement
      Oneiros is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: ESFAL
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I'll be honest with you, I never read marketting as I get enough fiction in other areas of my life so I couldnt tell you, I tend to read reviews instead, and many of those refer to services as being good for gamers because of low latency and low ping times (comparatively of course).

I was referring to the fact that if anyone asks (sales) about gaming they are supposed to say that it is not a gaming service.

Sorry for any confusion, here to help and all that.

dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Thanks

np mate - all im saying is that they dont say its not a gaming service ( when it could so easily be the No 1 )
      If they listened and put people who would have no probs on fast on it !!

indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dholdi View Post
      @indefatigable
      as guiness has declined to answer I will ask you a couple of questions I put to him
      1 Why should lines that experience no errors be moved from fast to inter ?
      2 Why should there be no way round it as fastpath on a good line is superior to inter and it is obvious from the number of people posting good stats on here that sky can support it ?
      3 Why are sky not advertising there service as inter only though I suspect the answer to this is obvious - ie reel in a new customer on the promise of 16meg etc then keep them for a year , tv as well.
      4 Why are sky not acknowledging that this policy is alienating a section of their customers - believe me if you treat them this way and they go they will not come back

Sorry, just read the other posts, and saw this was all answered. If you aint happy with Guiness' explanation, ill try my best to add to it,
      Last edited by indefatigable; 20-04-07 at 10:53 AM.

bulldog is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WNCSN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Its an interesting subject and makes me wonder how many people are on fastpath ?
      Just to add my comments when i put in my order i did ask about gaming and stressed how important it was to us.
      The nice lady on the phone reasured me it would be fine for gaming and told me what a great product it was.
      I feel so let down by sky and feel they mislead me about the gaming side.
      Ive been with sky for about 18 years (tv ect) and in the past when i have had problems they have been fantastic.
      I now find myself slowly loosing confidence in them and all i want todo is play my games

In the past when ive spoke to them they have said ahh yes mr ******* you have been with us x amount of years we value your custom, now i feel they are not listening and dont give a dam.
      Nice one sky
      oh well rant over
      Sky bb Max

philash is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LVGRE
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router:
      Thanks

When Joining Sky, The Sales team explained me to me several things.
      "Our Sky Broadband is highly recommended by Gamers"
      "There is a 28 Day Piece of mind with the TV"
      "You will have all 3 products within a Month"

And the answer too is there and hidden Charges? "no just the setup fee"

What I quickly came to realise was, Sky BB is not for Gamers, plus there isn't a 28 day piece of mind, so you now have 12month contract and it took 2 months 5 days before I got all 3.... oh and another hidden charge!

I requested Phone conversation with Sales Operator to prove me right, they denied that I could, I got OFCOM involved and 5 days later the Conversation somehow appears and I'm told they are investigating. and will hear back soon.

So I give benefit of doubt and gave them time to prove to me Sky is place to be, when I find out I have 60-90 ping, and they won't do anything about it.

So bye bye Sky.

For a Company So big, how can the Quality of Service be so BAD.
      Staff are not trained to a respectable standard, and its a lucky dip to speak to someone with sense.

One thing I'll say for Vigin(telewest) there TV product might suck, but they certainly know how to treat a customer, and quailty of Service is above satisfactory

The tongue is mightier than the sword, 4 Family members and 6 friends cancelled already, now to hit Work!

m.barnes is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

i have phoned customer services.

no help.

emailed customer services/technical support.

no reply.

tested my dads virgin broadband (2meg) and he pings google and bbc at under 20! i get 50-60

no thanks sky.

philash is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LVGRE
      Router:
      Thanks

I rang got tier3
      I now have perfect gaming ping 30

TRIaXOR™ is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WSDRU
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

what you guys getting when you ping clarity.jolt.co.uk? I used to get 19ms on fastpath and 34 on interleaved with bulldog so im just curious..