Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Leaving Sky for Freesat

This is a discussion on Leaving Sky for Freesat within the Freesat forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; After many years I think we will be leaving Sky. No issues with the service, but we just don't use ...

mccaba is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0141
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Leaving Sky for Freesat

After many years I think we will be leaving Sky. No issues with the service, but we just don't use enough of it to justify the expense. Most of our viewing is free to air anyway.
      However, although we have a Sky+ box in the upstairs bedroom, there is no terrestrial aerial in there, so we were thinking of using the Sky box for Freesat. Having scoured around I am unsure what best option is. I have read that when you cancel Sky automatically change your viewing card to Freesat, but elsewhere I read you need to pay Sky 25 and have a Freesat card sent to you.

Does anyone have recent experience of what happens ?

Andrew

2. Advertisement
      seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Leaving Sky for Freesat

When your Sky subscription ceases you effectively have the same service as Freesat from Sky but without any support such as PIN unlocking, faulty card replacement or address change if you move to a different ITV region. For any of those you would have to pay 25 for a Freesat from Sky viewing card.

Also remember that you lose the ability to pause, record and playback once your Sky TV subscription has ceased.