Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Freesat from Sky v free Sky box

This is a discussion on Freesat from Sky v free Sky box within the Freesat forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Originally Posted by NewsreadeR I may have an old white STB knocking around somewhere you can have? Remote maybe a ...

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Freesat from Sky v free Sky box

Quote Originally Posted by NewsreadeR View Post
      I may have an old white STB knocking around somewhere you can have? Remote maybe a bit battered though.
      Thanks but I have already had a local offer for a stb (ie. if you can collect it its yours), getting a dish installed is the expensive bit.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

which she accepted and now complains that she can't get any decent TV.
      Does she mean the program content or the picture quality? If its the former, you will not get that many extra programs with Freesat than you do with Freeview.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Does she mean the program content or the picture quality? If its the former, you will not get that many extra programs with Freesat than you do with Freeview.
      Picture quality. Perhaps my comparison should include cost of getting a new TV aerial installed.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

The Freeview built into my TV is as good as, if not better than Sky SD and the HD is easily equal. It will depend on the location as to how good the reception will be, but a update to the aerial should be considered. Did they change the aerial when she went digital? I know they say the aerial does not have to be upgraded, but in many cases it does. Especially if it has been there for years, it may even need to be realigned.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      The Freeview built into my TV is as good as, if not better than Sky SD and the HD is easily equal. It will depend on the location as to how good the reception will be, but a update to the aerial should be considered. Did they change the aerial when she went digital? I know they say the aerial does not have to be upgraded, but in many cases it does. Especially if it has been there for years, it may even need to be realigned.
      No they didn't change the aerial and it isn't pointing at the main transmitter either as there isn't line of sight. Reception wasn't great before switchover. If anything it's better now but quite often picture freezes or coloured blocks appear.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12